BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Sena duo bluetooth headsets and I'm going to get the Schuberth C3 helmet as my primary, since it's rated as very quiet (and an awesome helmet). I want to be able to hear the stuff through the headset as clearly as possible.

But since I only have a passenger on infrequently, I don't want the expense of buying two C3 helmets. Can anyone recommend a good, low to moderate priced helmet (flip up) that is quiet? Some I was looking at are Scorpion Exo 900, HJC sy-max 2 or 3, Bell Revolver, HJC CL-Max II. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
When you have a passenger, is it usually the same person? Best fit matters most, IMO, so first have the pillion try on the less expensive helmets. It would be a shame to save an extra $50, only to cause headaches for the passenger, because the helmet is for a different shaped head.

You can still get a Shoei Multitec for about $225 less than the Schuberth - I always liked mine. The Shoei Neotec is their new model, and they're very proud of it (only $20 less than the Schuberth), but I digress...

The C3 is indeed a very quiet helmet - you'll like it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
You might consider the Shark modular. See my earlier post in this sub forum on my new Shark Evoline. Not cheap but less than the Schuberth.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
05Train said:
The Shark Evoline II is a nice helmet, but quiet it ain't. The Arai Signet-Q is the quietest helmet I've ever used.

Agreed!

Of the ones you've listed, I'd recommend the Scorpion. VERY well made, quiet, and well under $200--which makes sense for someone who is only going to ride once in a while

Stay away from the Bell Revolver, poorly made, noisy as hell, doesn't vent worth a damn--there's a reason why they are all over the internet at half their MSRP, it's because they are junk.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
hallzee said:
When you have a passenger, is it usually the same person? Best fit matters most, IMO, so first have the pillion try on the less expensive helmets. It would be a shame to save an extra $50, only to cause headaches for the passenger, because the helmet is for a different shaped head.

You can still get a Shoei Multitec for about $225 less than the Schuberth - I always liked mine. The Shoei Neotec is their new model, and they're very proud of it (only $20 less than the Schuberth), but I digress...

The Multitecs are still around $450. I was looking to replace mine (love it) but purchased it on a group buy form this site years ago. If I recall, paid about half that price! :bmw:

·
Registered
297 Posts
C3 quiet-humm-i must have super hearing. I have a C3 that I bought in Europe several years ago before they started to sell in the States again. Nice-Yes, super quite-NO, just average. I haven't decided yet, but next up will be the Quest or the new Shoei Neotec. Neo is about 100 bucks more and is a flip which I do like. When you add the pinlock visor and insert that the Neo comes with, which is the only way not to fog up, its a push on $.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I read a lot of helmet reviews before buying a Caberg helmet. I bought my HiViz Yellow via eBay's Italy site.

The total was less than $250.

Thankfully, it fits me better than my Schuberth did. It seems to be at least as quiet a my C1.

My helmet was replaced by a model they call the "Duke".
http://www.caberghelmetshop.co.uk/

The newer Caberg helmets have pin-lock visors.

The down side is that their helmets do not come with a D.O.T. sticker.

Bob

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree with many of the statements already made, so my main points are: Fit it to the person that will be your passanger most often....... and cheap, comfortable and quiet don't go together. I went through 3 helmets to find one quiet enough for me, and ended up with an Arai. It is quiet and comfortable, but not cheap!! You usually get what you pay for, unless you happen upon a great sale.

Alaskan

·
Registered
88 Posts
hallzee said:

Neotecs are about $100 less than the schuberths. Where did you find a schuberth for $20 more?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts