BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I really don't want to get involved in a major body-stripping, but I'm concerned that the left-hand black screw under the handlebars, right next to the Stingray isn't seating properly. Makes me think that the left mounting tab, underneath, on the stingray, is compromised or broken off.

Q: If I remove the "H" shaped piece at the front of the seat, am I able to slide the stingray back, just enough to check the mounting hole--without having to do surgery on the bike?

(Yeah, I know that it's not hard....but I'm feeling kind of lazy)

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Short answer...nope.

You would need to remove both upper sides to move the stingray.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Im not sure what screws your talking about ;but that H piece got to be slide down just a little after you get the two screw lose.then can you get where you can get at the few screws for sides is all;not that you will be able to remove the sides at that point.

·
Registered
476 Posts
If its the screw I'm thinking of, you pretty much can't loosen enough other stingray screws without removing some bodywork. One thing that sometimes happens is the speed nut that receives the screw (it sits on a metal "tab" that is a part of the frame) moves or even comes off if you're not watching carefully when assembling. I replaced a few on mine that were missing, including this one, and it's all good. Interestingly I'd say none of them line up the way I thought a German bike would, but it all does work in the end!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well....I had to say it....If you have a screw loose, you're at least sitting on the right bike!!! :rotf: :histerica :histerica

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, Brother! Keep your day job, Shecky.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts