BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '00 LT and on the way home from work today, I smelled gas, hoping that it was coming from a vehicle in front of me. When I finally stopped at a stop sign, to my dismay, there was gas dripping from the bottom of the fairing, Needless to say, my plastic qd's failed, one was broken and squirting gas after I removed the fairing. Question, what are the best replacement parts availible? Beemer boneyard or BMW OEM parts? Thanks in advance, Steve Miller

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
smiller said:
I have a '00 LT and on the way home from work today, I smelled gas, hoping that it was coming from a vehicle in front of me. When I finally stopped at a stop sign, to my dismay, there was gas dripping from the bottom of the fairing, Needless to say, my plastic qd's failed, one was broken and squirting gas after I removed the fairing. Question, what are the best replacement parts availible? Beemer boneyard or BMW OEM parts? Thanks in advance, Steve Miller
I just installed these on my LT. I haven't ridden much with them yet, but they look to be well made and they look sharp as well. I installed the straight versions and they fit fine. The only hard part was getting the originals off. I succeeded without breaking the plastic parts, but it was a chore and rough on the fingers and fingernails!

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/category/Motorcycle_Jiffy_Tite_Fuel_Line_Disconnects

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I just put the beemerboneyard ones on mine. One original broke just as soon as I pulled on the line to take it off. (whew) Managed to save the other as an extra to carry in case I find someone on the road needing one to get home. I try to be a good Samaritan when I can. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts