BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After some unsuccessful searching and reading the halls of wisdom, I came up empty.

Does anyone have the link to the quick disconnect replacement procedure document handy they could share ?

Thanks in advance.

;)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
I don't ever remember a document describing replacement but it is pretty straight forward. Hard part is removing the factory clamps but a very small screw driver in the small loop will loosen them. Then you need to get the old QD off the hose. It is a barbed fitting and has been in that hose a long time. Again best to work a very small screwdriver blade down into the hose along the barb.

Do one side at a time so you keep the pressure and return line orientation correct as they should be able to connect only one way. Lots of posts on doing it here. Look at the bottom of the thread for suggested links.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much appreciated.. I have got some free time over the next few days and the box of new quick disconnects I ordered are doing me no good sitting on my desk. I delayed on securing my mirrors and I lost a mirror a few weeks ago, I think that was a hint that its time I heed the warnings and do the PM as recommended.

Thanks for the advise and wisdom.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
Don't forget to gently clamp off the hose from the tank or you will get a lap full of fuel when you pull the disconnect!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
jzeiler said:
Don't forget to gently clamp off the hose from the tank or you will get a lap full of fuel when you pull the disconnect!
I used the suggestion from Zippy_GG to clamp of fuel while removing old QDs..... use vice grips with a penny on each side of the hose to protect the hose from the serrated jar and to provide a better seal. Worked great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts