BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've reached an impasse on the installation of the Z Technick Side Illumination Lights for my 2007 K1200LT. I've sent in the inquiry below to the ZTechnik Tech Support emailbox, but they won't get back to me until tomorrow at the earliest. Perhaps someone can supply the answer. The pdf instructions may be viewed at the ZTechnik website (www.ztechnik.com/support/index.html) TIA.

========

I am trying to install the Side Illumination Lights Z5150 to my 2007 K1200LT

I am having problems with the following instruction:

INSTALLATION OF SWITCH ASSEMBLY
6. Carefully lift out the White/Yellow Stripe wire (from the largest wire loom in the left handlebar). Figure 11

On my 2007 model with the standard Xenon HID low beam headlight, there is no White/Yellow Stripe wire in this harness in the handlebar (or any other harness in the left handlebar). Please advise on which wire into which to tap.

I do not have a wiring diagram for this 2007 model. My Clymers manual wiring diagram does not show the Xenon headlight version. It appears that the White/Yellow Stripe wire was for low beam in earlier model years (non-Xenon equipped).

Please advise so that I may complete this installation.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You can possibly skip the switch part and make them running lights. (Always on when the engine is on) What is the power rating of the ligths?

RRRider said:
I've reached an impasse on the installation of the Z Technick Side Illumination Lights for my 2007 K1200LT. I've sent in the inquiry below to the ZTechnik Tech Support emailbox, but they won't get back to me until tomorrow at the earliest. Perhaps someone can supply the answer. The pdf instructions may be viewed at the ZTechnik website (www.ztechnik.com/support/index.html) TIA.

========

I am trying to install the Side Illumination Lights Z5150 to my 2007 K1200LT

I am having problems with the following instruction:

INSTALLATION OF SWITCH ASSEMBLY
6. Carefully lift out the White/Yellow Stripe wire (from the largest wire loom in the left handlebar). Figure 11

On my 2007 model with the standard Xenon HID low beam headlight, there is no White/Yellow Stripe wire in this harness in the handlebar (or any other harness in the left handlebar). Please advise on which wire into which to tap.

I do not have a wiring diagram for this 2007 model. My Clymers manual wiring diagram does not show the Xenon headlight version. It appears that the White/Yellow Stripe wire was for low beam in earlier model years (non-Xenon equipped).

Please advise so that I may complete this installation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Z-Technik Technical Support was unable to provide the information on the correct wire for the 2007 Xenon-equipped K1200LT.

This is relay-controlled lighting system, so the connection to the low beam control wire is just to allow operation only when the low beam light is on. Since US models forego the on/off control of low beam headlight, I think that I can just connect to any other running light. I just have to extend the wire.

[Fyi - It appears to be 55W.]

Anyone with a late model wiring diagram might be able to supply the identification colors for the low beam headlight wire to/from the left multifunction controls... any takers before I extend the wire?

Thank you.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
You are correct - any switched power source will do. The White/Yellow was the low beam wire on all models prior to the Xenon headlight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts