BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I wrote on my earlier posts I bought the LT used and "as found". There is no other similar bike around in a 150 mile range so I can't have a visual contact on it.
My request is if someone can explain me the description 11 and 16 in my attachment. 16 seems to be in place on my bike but the Mirror described part is not there. Is it actually a mirror or just a partition door? Can someone load a closeup of the upper top case interior?
Thanks a bunch.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
The mirror is on the inside of the small door. You open the door and then you can use the vanity mirror. I'll try to add a pic later.

You may be missing the door/mirror. The original hinges may be weak and fail. I can tell that the previous owner repaired this on my bike by replacing the hinges on the door.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
The mirror is attached to a flap that closes over a small storage compartment under the top lid. The plastic pins on that flap are very weak and snap easily, or the plastic point that holds the pins breaks, either way they are very prone to breaking and snapping off. The flap is only held closed by a small magnet, so anything heavy in there can easily fall out if you hit a bump.
Wouldn't worry about it, its next to useless anyway. Only good thing I found to store in there was the useless paper oil fillers. :crazy:
Lots of threads about how to repair it with small piano-type hinges etc.

Reactions: Merical

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with cws, it's pretty useless. Especially if you're bald like me :) The wife does use the mirror to toss her hair after a ride though!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, better it's not there if it is a falling off mirror. I 'm bald too. No need for mirrors. I know myself since the day I was born.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts