BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of a streetguard 2 jacket and pant that is on sale, however I have always wanted a aerostich suit. So which way should I go?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
dont forget olympia as an option

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wife and I both have the Streetguard 2 jacket and pants. I think the suit is really comfortable and worth the money. :bmw:

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
As a fellow rider in the Pacific Northwest, I would also highly recommend the BMW Comfort Shell Suit. Great for our kind of weather, breathable and totally waterproof. The SO and I both have them and on tours, coupled with a Gerbings liner for below 50 degrees, it's the only gear we need. No messing with zip-out liners, wondering whether we should stop and put the liner in. We've ridden in all day downpours and no leaks, even in the crotch area. Additionally, the armor is heat sensitive and conforms to your body after about 5 minutes. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Roadcrafter 2-P

·
Registered
24 Posts
ok, so, I've read a bunch of these threads from lots of people. I have Joe Rocket clothing. I can't stand the pants, as frankly, they are too hot, and (pardon my french) they are so tight in the crotch I've gotta stop every 100 miles to get some blood flowing again. Am I the only one that has this issue - is it just the Joe Rocket stuff? I realize it's a somewhat odd question, but does anyone else have these comfort issues - or, does the aerostitch, etc, work fine in that regard. Thanks a lot for any input.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also wanted an Aerostich for a long time, finally took the plunge 3 years ago. My Aerostich Roadcrafter 1 piece is my best piece of gear ever. I wear it 95% of the time on both of my bikes. I use a warm n safe liner when its cold, and a Ride Cool evaporative vest when it is hot. The ride cool vest under the aerostich is much cooler than wearing my mesh jacket when it is hot out. I rode to work this morning 38^ with a light drizzle, nice & warm on the LT, nice & dry in the stich. And it comes off in 10 seconds. my $0.02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts