BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently sold my GT for a LT. Had a question for the group - how are you connecting up your heated gear in the winter. My LT has two power plugs down at the wings on the sides of the bike. It does not seem to me that I want to have my power cable hanging down along my leg like that. Has anyone installed an extra power outlet up top in the flaring? If so where did you locate it. My 07LT has a com system plug on the left flaring and I was thinking of installing an extra power plug in that area. On my previous GT I added two extra plugs on the left and right side flarings for use for my GPS and XM radio. I connected my heated gear out of my electrified tank bag.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I vote for the Keep It Simple approach. I have a fused cord coming directly from the battery out from under the seat which I plug into the tank bag and the Gerbings controller using a splitter.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yup, I agree with Charlie...I have two Gerbing's Coax pigtails wired (and fused) directly to the battery. They come out the left hand side just under the lift handle.

I used to use the two BMW Powerlets, with the correct BMW to Coax adaptors, but I was always pulling them out of the sockets. KISS!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
CharlieVT said:
I vote for the Keep It Simple approach. I have a fused cord coming directly from the battery out from under the seat which I plug into the tank bag and the Gerbings controller using a splitter.
+1 with the suggestion to run the cord out the front of the seat right into a tank bag holding the controller. You can adjust the controller almost without looking.

HTH,
Jer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts