1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So I just came across this tire:

777 & 777 H.D. (Heavy-Duty) | Shinko Tire USA

It is Heavy Duty and says it is Reinforced and rated at 79H and can handle over 1000 Lbs.

This would be for a Rear tire for a 1999 K1200 LT

Anyone here familiar with these Shinko Tires ?

They are a Japanese brand.

Cheaper than the Metz and Bridgestones Bias plys that I've used.

Can anyone tell me how they compare to the Bridgestone 020 Battalax Rear tire ??

And if the savings on the Shinko tire are worth it ?

They seem to have a lot of good reviews.

Tires are expensive (to me) considering how short they last.

thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
There is a previous thread that you should review on this forum that will answer all your questions on the Shinko tires.... Please do a search for this thread. Thanks (BTW - I just ordered a new Metzler front tire as I prefer not to support Chinese companies when possible...). :bmw:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a previous thread that you should review on this forum that will answer all your questions on the Shinko tires.... Please do a search for this thread. Thanks (BTW - I just ordered a new Metzler front tire as I prefer not to support Chinese companies when possible...). :bmw:
I thought Shinko was Japanese not Chinese.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I thought Shinko was Japanese not Chinese.
Looks like they are manufactured in South Korea, designed in Japan.

In 1998 the Shinko Group purchased the motorcycle tire technology and molds from Yokohama Rubber Co., and began production of these products under the Shinko Tire brand. With manufacturing based in South Korea and design based in Japan, the company has seamlessly combined Japanese engineering and design principles with South Korean production and quality control standards. Today Shinko Tires produces approximately 200,000 motorcycle tires per month.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Well....I was close in any event... :cool:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,902 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
For me, I will not get the Shinko tires (came on the cruiser I have, so I have some experience with them). Better tires are more costly but not that much more costly to provide better wear and better grip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts