BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radio on my '05 LT has required the "disconnect the battery reset" twice now in about 3 or 4 weeks. Wondering what the general experience is with this issue. Is this a sign of impending catastrophic failure or just another one of those exclusive BMW features?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hi Lynn,

Mine did the same a few months back round about the two times when my bike wouldn't start..

I usually keep the bike on a battery tender. Twice, the bike wouldn't start (once at work & once when I forgot to plug the tender in), so I thought time for a new battery (2005 bike, still on original battery - not bad). Put a new battery on, and the radio has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woolly, thanks for sharing your experience. My battery is due for replacement and I was suspicious that it might be related to my radio issue. Your experience supports that suspicion.

Woolly said:
Hi Lynn,

Mine did the same a few months back round about the two times when my bike wouldn't start..

I usually keep the bike on a battery tender. Twice, the bike wouldn't start (once at work & once when I forgot to plug the tender in), so I thought time for a new battery (2005 bike, still on original battery - not bad). Put a new battery on, and the radio has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I also noticed that the radio would crash when attempting a start with low voltage. Mine would do it in the winter on cold days with a marginal battery. I also found that when I would be using heated gear and running the grips, using high beam, and seat heat the alternator would not keep a top off charge on short trips.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts