BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dauntless hitch on my 2002 K1200LT with the standard 1 7/8 ball.
I just bought a Bushtec on E-bay, its in Texas and I am going to go get it next week. What do I need to hook this trailer to my Dauntless hitch?
From looking on the Bushtec website it looks like a pin in place of the ball, does this pin fit in the standard ball hole?

One more unrelated question, is I-10 open through Louisianna?

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I do not know about I 10, but if you call Bushtec and tell them what you are getting they can fix you up with the proper adapter for your hitch. You might ask the seller of the trailer if he has the adapter before you buy one, he had to of pulled it with something.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
When you get to Slidell you will take I-12 through to Baton Rouge. I-10 through New Orleans is closed. If you are going to Texas you will want to take I-12 anyway.

Much of the business along the coast are open, although dining is a challenge, there are resturants open but very crowded. So you may plan to eat before or after Mobile Al to Baton Rouge La. or eat at odd hours, before lunch hour or well after.
Hotel rooms are at a premium also, I would guess you will be challenged to find one from Mobile to Lafayette, La. I haven't been west since the storm but Lake Charles may still be recovering from Rita also.
Gasoline is not a challenge to find, just paying for it! It seems to average $3.00 gal +- .25.

If you would like more info send me a PM

·
Registered
740 Posts
Be prepared for a friendly lecture from John, the owner at Bushtec, as to why, from an engineering and design standpoint, you need to buy the hitch that Bushtec makes for the LT. It is tied into the frame much more firmly than the Dauntless and is placed at the proper height to marry up with the tongue and swivel hitch arrangement of their trailer. It's worth looking into.

On the other hand, I'm sure they can offer you an adapter solution to allow you to use your Dauntless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts