BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I screwed myself , I changed out the one side on both fuel lines with the updated version from MAX BMW. Now I am sporadically leaking fuel from that side. Its as though the seal is hit or miss.
Opinions ?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,916 Posts
Did you lightly oil the o-ring before you coupled them together? If not, it may have been damaged. If you need some let me know as I have a bag of them and I'll drop some in the mail.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, now that I think of it, no. However, I think to be consistent, I'm going to the mc shop tomorrow and get the other set and installed. I did read that everytime you dis/re connect, you are supposed to change the o ring. I'll get a bag, thanks.
Do you believe the two are compatible, the old connection and the updated?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,916 Posts
They should all work together well. I still use a plastic male to drain the tank plugging it into the metal female. I have not changed the o-rings since I put them on five years ago but I do oil them and try to insert as straight as possible. Also make sure the release lever is locked in the open postion when inserting or you can tear an o-ring.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Your hose clamp may be leaking. I had one that leaked until it pressurized. The hose was slipping on the barb and it would leak for about a 1/2 second sometimes. Also, I use white lithium grease on my o-rings. Makes assembly much easier.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,916 Posts
deanwoolsey said:
Your hose clamp may be leaking. I had one that leaked until it pressurized. The hose was slipping on the barb and it would leak for about a 1/2 second sometimes. Also, I use white lithium grease on my o-rings. Makes assembly much easier.
Since there is no filtering down stream I am not sure what effect a glob of WL will have on a fuel injector. That is why I advise a light oiling of the o-ring as eliminates the potential for clogging.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
O-Rings... Exactly why I use the Jiffy Tite connectors...

They don't have any.......

John

·
Registered
253 Posts
You probably already know and others might chime in. But if the qd are leaking straight on the hot engine I would advise riding that bike.

Amish.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
JPSpen said:
O-Rings... Exactly why I use the Jiffy Tite connectors...

They don't have any.......

John
+1

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
LTFan said:
You probably already know and others might chime in. But if the qd are leaking straight on the hot engine I would advise riding that bike.

Amish.
Either you really do not like Tom, or you meant to say I would advise NOT riding that bike.

Just sayin'

·
Registered
253 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Either you really do not like Tom, or you meant to say I would advise NOT riding that bike.

Just sayin'
Errr. I will not post to the forums at midnight next time :) I advice NOT to ride the bike.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Well crap.........:( Guess I gotta stop beliving what I read on these interweb thingies..

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts