BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did not like the look. Had taken it off before, and I guess I got bore again. Lasted about a week. Missed the space too. I guess if I had that chrome pieces, but then to fork out $300 was not going to happen. Anyway, truck back on.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Well John, all these years I was told that changing your mind was a woman's prerogative! :histerica JK

·
Registered
832 Posts
I could never understand why people buy an LT, and then take off the thing that makes the bike what it is...a full luggage touring bike.
My two cents.....

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey............at least I tried it, or twice.....

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
motorman587 said:
Hey............at least I tried it, or twice.....
I might try removing the top case during the week as I commute alone, then put it back on for these cherished moments when I ride with Kathy during the weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
Learned on my Road Glide. Spent a small fortune on quick detach hardware for the trunk, which then means you need it for the passenger back rest, then never took it off!

I have just come to value and depend on the space too much.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I can understand this type of choice. On the LT I wouldn't mess with it, but on my RT I remove all the bags but my Givi trunk. And that's only so I have a place to put my helmet and jacket. If the BMWs had better helmet locks I might even run it without any luggage at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts