BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after hanging around here for a short time I have made a deal to trade my V-Rod on an RT. Found one in stock that was just the way I wanted it. It's got the premium package with radio. I should pick it up next week sometime.

Do I have to use the term "farkle" instead of "mod" now? Either way, it has already begun! I've got an aux fuse panel and a set of PIAA 1100s on the way.

Happy holidays to all!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thunder Grey Metallic, to be exact. Not many options for 2011, but the Thunder was my favorite.

·
Registered
98 Posts
They let you ride a BMW in "Harleysville"?
Probably can't ride down Main Street.

You will love it. I pulled the trigger on a 2011 about 2 weeks ago.
Am an ex-Pennsylvanian.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great, another 2011 RT member :wave

You also picked the fastest color!

You will love it as you get to learn more and pile on miles.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
GRB60 said:
Well, after hanging around here for a short time I have made a deal to trade my V-Rod on an RT. Found one in stock that was just the way I wanted it. It's got the premium package with radio. I should pick it up next week sometime.

Do I have to use the term "farkle" instead of "mod" now? Either way, it has already begun! I've got an aux fuse panel and a set of PIAA 1100s on the way.

Happy holidays to all!
Do you still have the Nomad? I sold mine before buying the RT.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rode 70 miles to the dealer this morning on my trade-in '08 V-Rod to pick up the new RT.
27 degrees on the way out with no protection; I froze! Real comfy on the way home, though. I couldn't stand the heaters on high, even in sub-freezing weather. It was a great ride and gave me a chance to "bond" with the bike a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
GRB60 said:
I rode 70 miles to the dealer this morning on my trade-in '08 V-Rod to pick up the new RT.
27 degrees on the way out with no protection; I froze! Real comfy on the way home, though. I couldn't stand the heaters on high, even in sub-freezing weather. It was a great ride and gave me a chance to "bond" with the bike a little.
She's a beauty, welcome to the group of proud BMW owners!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That's a gorgeous ride to be sure. Just look at all that empty space waiting to have stuff added to it ...

Interesting observation on the heaters, I notice the same. This morning it was 32 on the way in (yes, in sunny California we do get temperatures in the 30's) and the high heaters were too much, had to drop down to low. Wish there were three click adjustments instead of two.

JayJay

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OU812 said:
You have chosen wisely. I also traded in my V-rod for my 08' RT.
No comparison between the two, eh? ;)
No, there isn't. The V-Rod is much quicker off the start and a much higher strung machine. It's great at what it does, though. They're great looking and very reliable.
The RT, on the other hand, is the better riding partner. It takes care of you. It was quite comfortable riding the 70 miles home yesterday in 30 degree weather. If I didn't need to be somewhere else, I could have ridden for a few more hours.
I think I'm going to like the RT!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts