BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've never ridden an LT but I do have an '14 GTLE that is for sale right now. It's an awesome ride for both rider and pillion. When we were looking, she said the GTLE seat was more comfortable than the Goldwing. GTLE is luxury touring with a great engine. I'm sure you'll be happy with the LT.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I’ve owned my 2009LT for 4 years and just under 30k miles. Hadn’t ridepden a bike in 45 years. Bought it sight unseen off EBay. Sat in garage for a month before I worked up enough nerve to attempt to drive it.
Dropped it 10 times in the first 15 months. All at speed <2mph. The side wings do an EXCELLANT job of protecting mirrors, farkles etc.

just did a long weekend trip to Savannah, Ga: 483 miles each way. Stopped once for gas each way. Cruise [email protected] and 44mpg is the bomb.

listened to Amazon music. What a machine!!!!

True story: I have a much younger friend who ride his Kawasaki 636 ninja with me. ( I also have a K1200s). One day, about 8 weeks ago, his wife decides to ride with us, so I suggest that I bring the LT, and she ride with me. We rode about 120 miles.

yesterday, I went with that friend to pickup a 2005LT - the Ninja is forsale.

nuff said about the qualities of the LT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I decided not to pull the trigger on this one. The price just wasn't right compared to better ones out there. I found a Biarritz Blue one with 40K miles that I'll check out next week. It sounds like it is had all the right things done to it and I can deal directly with the owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's the only bike that made me look like a beginner after 20 years of riding.
I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I have less than 500 miles on my LT. And it sometimes feels like I need to be overly cautious. I hopped on my R1200C yesterday after not riding it for a month, WOW. What a difference. The C was all I rode for the past 11 years.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I would fully encourage you to move forward. She will love it. Almost wish I could trade places with my wife. It is a big bike but once you get used to it you won't be looking back. I bought mine from a friend who lives in New York. Flew back there from Los Angeles and rode it home. I admit, my first thoughts amounted to shear terror. I had never ridden anything like it. I pulled out of his garage in down town Manhattan during rush hour in the rain with steel construction plates all over the road. Crossed in to New Jersey and encountered the strongest cross winds I had ever ridden in. And it stayed that way all the way to Texas. I was doing mental math most of the ride. Let's see, I got a great price, the trade in value towards a new RT would be pretty good..... Then I got to know the bike, wow what a ride. Trust the bike, look down the road and forget about that nasty cross wind. Baby can handle it!
Too bad you didn't know to fold in one of the guide plates under the mirror to combat the crosswind. It works like magic! All of a sudden, the bike straightens up as if there is no cross wind, even at 30+mph crosswinds.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts