BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 lt with factory intercom and I have a Kenwood 3101. I got the cable to connect the Kenwood to the intercom and I have PTT switch.

My problem is when I took off the handle bar cover to hook it up the ends going to the intercom was not there.
I took all the plastic off to see if they had not run the cable and if it was curled up under the stingray.
There is not a a cable their but the connector is. I am the second owner of this bike so I can't go back to the dealership.

Does anybody happen to have an extra cable that I can buy or where is the best place to purchase one.

Thanks in advance.
carl

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Carl,

It has been a while since I was into this so my memory may fail me. As I recall, there is a 2 or 3 pin connector under the stingray that the PTT sw plugs into. There was not any wire run up the handle bar covers. What does your PTT have on the end of the cable? Bare wire ends or a connector?

I ended up running a 2 conductor cable from the handle bar and dressing it through everything and routed it to the space under the back seat. There I put a terminal strip and connected the PTT sw from the rear (passenger) to the cable and the cable that comes from the stingray. I probably didn't splain this too well hope it will give you some ideas..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out that the cable that was missing only came with the intercom unit and it can't be purchased by itself. What I did was go to radio shack bought a micro connector.
I cut the factory end off and soldered the the new one in its place . I then soldered the second connector to new wires the other end of the connector I put new clips on. I then connected the ptt button and it works like a charm. Thanks for your input.
carl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts