BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
OK! I'm convinced. Speigler it is. Given the immediate volume of service work I'm doing on this bike another $100 will not make a difference. That's what having access to the body of experience and knowledge of fellow riders is all about. Thanks to all for the input.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It runs! Soooo many things had to go right for that to happen I really can't believe it. Only discovered one slight leak on a fuel line clamp so used an old boating safety practice and double clamped. Works perfectly and no leaks. Idles a bit high - 1100 or so, so I expect the TPS needs to be reset, but otherwise couldn't be happier. Now I just need to figure out where all those screws go to reassemble the tupperware! Remaining on the list - change one taillight bulb, replace the tires, check and change the brake pads if needed, install the new (used) powered centerstand. All of which do not prevent me from riding and getting it inspected. Thanks to all for guidance and foremost to Kirk Johnson for the videos, without which this never would have happened.

·
Registered
340 Posts
👍

·
Registered
30 Posts
OK - it's mostly back together - just two panels on the right side left to install - but I have one female plug from under the tank on the right side that has nowhere to go. Two conductors - brown and red w/yellow stripe wires. The schematic shows the connection goes to the horn relay if I'm reading it right, but the horn works. The schematic also shows there are two connectors, so is this just an extra? When I disassembled I don't remember seeing an extra, and yes of course I did not take notes when donig so a couple of months ago. Where does this go?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have you checked the fuel sender circuit? It is usually the item left off when putting the LT back together. It is on the right side of the gas tank next to the fuel fill hole.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,341 Posts
Fuel sender is different colors. If the plug is low on the right side just behind the fuel tank it is an extra plug for a second powerlet connector. The colors are right. Also the horn for a 2000 is brown and green/gray.

Reactions: kbob12

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the guidance. Looks like it belongs to the heated seat. Will get out there over the next weekend and plan to wrap up the reinstallation of the body panels and maybe, just maybe, get it on the road!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,341 Posts
The seat is Brown and Green/Brown

41 - 48 of 48 Posts