BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I just got my 2005 LT in September out in Fresno, CA. I was looking for a Harley and ended up at the BMW Dealership in Fresno looking at a used Harley when I saw the new LTs and test rode one. I loved it but they were out of my price range. The head of sales asked me if I really liked the LT because if I did He wanted to sell his. Well I took a look at it and it looked brand new and had every BMW option on it, even the 125.00 cup holder, and only had 19,000 mIles on it with all seviceing records on it. Long story short he made me a deal I couldn't refuse and now I am a proud owner of a blue and silver K1200LT. When my job was through in Fresno I shipped my luggage home and loaded the bike and headed for Alabama and that is when I found out I was not as young as I used to be. I had planned to ride to Kingsman AZ the first day, made it to Neddles, Ca with my tail dragging and my plan of a 4 day trip turned into 8 Days but I made it with a sore butt and tired as heck and glad I was not on a Harley. What difference 30 years makes, I rode to CA on a 73 Superglide when I got out of the Air Force in 1976 with no problems and sleep in a sleeping bag on the ground when I stopped, Thank God for motels. I hope to see ya'll out on the road sometime but don't expect me to do 2,500 miles straight through with you for a while. LOL

Charles Sizemore :bmw:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Got some pictures?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Seat Makes a Difference

Charles, if you plan on spending any time in the saddle, you may want to invest in a good seat. It truely does make a difference, to the point where you could do 700 miles with no problem.

Have fun with the new bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
SeaMarshal said:
Charles, if you plan on spending any time in the saddle, you may want to invest in a good seat. It truely does make a difference, to the point where you could do 700 miles with no problem.

Have fun with the new bike.

Read and Heed. Bought a new Nightrain in '02 and could make about 50 miles before the buns went numb. A new Corbin seat and I could do 500 miles in a day with no problem. I don't think 700 would be possible on a Nightrain, at least 700 enjoyable miles.

Riding an '06 KLT with stock seat (and digging the bike) and after 300 or so miles, I'm thinking a new seat would be a good addition. Still looking at the options and would welcome suggestions.

As for the ride from CA to AL, I'm only a few years your junior and I say 'rock on' Nothing wrong with taking a little extra time to enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome tho the fold.. All you need now is gas and this forum. Read, learn and ride safe. :)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
wanblee2 said:
Hello to all,

I just got my 2005 LT in September out in Fresno, CA. I was looking for a Harley and ended up at the BMW Dealership in Fresno looking at a used Harley when I saw the new LTs and test rode one. I loved it but they were out of my price range. The head of sales asked me if I really liked the LT because if I did He wanted to sell his. Well I took a look at it and it looked brand new and had every BMW option on it, even the 125.00 cup holder, and only had 19,000 mIles on it with all seviceing records on it. Long story short he made me a deal I couldn't refuse and now I am a proud owner of a blue and silver K1200LT. When my job was through in Fresno I shipped my luggage home and loaded the bike and headed for Alabama and that is when I found out I was not as young as I used to be. I had planned to ride to Kingsman AZ the first day, made it to Neddles, Ca with my tail dragging and my plan of a 4 day trip turned into 8 Days but I made it with a sore butt and tired as heck and glad I was not on a Harley. What difference 30 years makes, I rode to CA on a 73 Superglide when I got out of the Air Force in 1976 with no problems and sleep in a sleeping bag on the ground when I stopped, Thank God for motels. I hope to see ya'll out on the road sometime but don't expect me to do 2,500 miles straight through with you for a while. LOL

Charles Sizemore :bmw:

Pictures man...pictures! Welcome to the fold. Lot's of help and friendly folks here. Check out the Southeastern forum on here. We have a Spring Training Camp coming up. Would love to meet ya and see that bike! Click here for the STC information:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31335

1 - 6 of 6 Posts