1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I've done it. Ordered a 2011 R1200RT. :D

But I've got a little problem.
Past experience has shown me that I WILL scratch the top of the panniers. :mad:

BMW now offers a Pannier protection kit consisting av clear plastic protectors that you place on the panniers. "Self adhesive protective film". Has anyone tried these? I get the feeling they will hide the beautifull metallic paint job with a mat plastic cover.

Is there any other solution that works as well? Has anybody tried clear lacquer? On new panniers?

I appreciate any advice anyone has.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out "thetankslapper.biz".

I purchased the 3M complete kit from them and it includes two pieces of film for each pannier, front and top. Application isn't super simple but not hard. They may sell just a pannier set. I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rboutin said:
Check out "thetankslapper.biz".

I purchased the 3M complete kit from them and it includes two pieces of film for each pannier, front and top. Application isn't super simple but not hard. They may sell just a pannier set. I'm not sure about that.
Fantastic pricing on protective film kits from these guys! Thanks for the linky! :wave

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Zardoz,

I have this protection on the LT from a company called 'Venture Shield'. The only way you can tell it's there is to look for the edges of the film - it doesn't detract from the look of the paint at all.
It also works well - my good lady ran her boot up the side of a pannier the first time she got on the bike - slight scuff on the Venture Shield, paint untouched!
Go for it!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Put matte black lids on your bags from the R1200ST. I did this and they look great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts