BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am completely new to this board, I just got myself a 2005 K 1200 LT with 9,000 miles on it. The only small problem is, it's sitting in my garage in a pile of scattered (and broken) parts. I will be needing a lot of parts, advice and patience but I am very confident that, come spring, I will be experiencing the thrills of riding one of the better bikes on the roads today.
The bike is from California (Pomona) and came to me without a rear wheel, center stand and a lot of plastic missing. If anyone knows a good supplier of used parts, please feel free to email me: [email protected]
Among other things I am looking for a center stand (electric) and an instrument cluster (05). There seems to be an endless source of valuable info on this board so I will be keeping in touch. thanks,

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Hey, Denis -welcome. Great luck on your winter project.

Here is a vendor that may be of help for some of the parts you need.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
You gonna chop it?

:cool:

Bob

·
Registered
189 Posts
:)
Denis, you came a little late for my parts. They're all sold except for two items now. One is the plastic that goes around the license plate. This panel is not heavy, so shouldn't cost a lot to ship. Second item is the rear shock with the adjusting handle.
The reason I have these is that I had my LT triked (2005) and had some spare parts left over.
PM me and we can deal. They'd both fit in one box if you need them both. If you don't then keep looking for the stuff you need.:)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I would also recommend beemerboneyard. I just finished going through my K100RS which has been sitting for several years. Beemerboneyard was my primary source for parts, they are great to work with.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Triker!, I'd love to take your centerstand, you won't find any use for it anyway, it'll take a few pounds off too!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Contact Bert Park (service mgr) at BMW of Columbus. They had to repalce a whole lot of plastic parts on my 2005 LT (blue) when it tipped over at the MOA ralley. Its in excellent shape and they may still have it laying around.
Jim

·
Registered
182 Posts
Post some pics as you go - love to see the bike take shape.
And we can cheer you on :yeah:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts