BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to followup on the fire on my LT. Here is the original thread: http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10080

Progressive called tonight and offered $10,080 minus my $500 deductible or $9,580 to me. I thought this was more than fair. I bought the 2000 LT Custom from a private owner in March of 2004 with 28,000 miles for $9,750.
Two years and 35,000 miles later for that offer, I am reasonably happy. I believe I can replace the LT for that money or upgrade to an slightly used '05 for a reasonable amount.

Lowell

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
You did good. There have been '02s and '03s recently for that or a little more, '04s for not terribly much more.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I'd say you did great!! $170 depreciation over 2 years & 35,000 miles to boot - you only spent $ for usage - gas, maintenance, and insurance - the bike was basically free. Nice!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be looking again. I am going to St. Louis for a week and then start looking. Really would like to jump up to an '05 for the increased HP, but I have to talk to my friendly Credit Union first. I have seen a couple of '05s in the $17-19,000 range

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did buy the LT at a decent price a couple of years ago. It was local in this area and I think the guy really wanted to sell it.
Lowell

·
Registered
193 Posts
lvahl said:
I'll be looking again. I am going to St. Louis for a week and then start looking. Really would like to jump up to an '05 for the increased HP, but I have to talk to my friendly Credit Union first. I have seen a couple of '05s in the $17-19,000 range
I just got my 2002 a week ago, so I have been looking at a lot of bikes. I came across 3 2005's that were $15,500....

So, they are out there, just have to look hard!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd love to find one for $15,000 and not have to go across the county to get it, but for the right bike, I may just do it.

Lowell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts