BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just picked up my injectors $25.00 bucks each to rebuilt them and flow them am doing my bike completely I will never pay another dealer onless it's something beyong my knowledge. all you have to do is do it slow and have a note pad next to you and maybe a camera. see picture on my progress

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,594 Posts
printman said:
well just picked up my injectors $25.00 bucks each to rebuilt them and flow them am doing my bike completely I will never pay another dealer onless it's something beyong my knowledge. all you have to do is do it slow and have a note pad next to you and maybe a camera. see picture on my progress
You didn't really leave the stingray hanging on the side like that did you? :)

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Well, my guess is that he did due to a couple of wires that appear to be solder spliced into the Stingray without any disconnects! Just a guess however.

John
Voyager said:
You didn't really leave the stingray hanging on the side like that did you? :)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Good on ya for taking on the project! Take it easy putting it back together and remember, fewer than 6 left over screws = success on your first tear down.

Loren

·
Premium Member
7,594 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Good on ya for taking on the project! Take it easy putting it back together and remember, fewer than 6 left over screws = success on your first tear down.

Loren
+1 on the success criterion.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no the stingray was tie wrap to the top next to the gauges. it's a hell of a project but thanks to the paul sayegh videos i think ill be OK

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh and this mess of cable without connectors am taking care os this the original owner just made a complete mess of the blue LDt adittional lighting

·
Registered
339 Posts
What was wrong with the injectors that SeaFoam couldn't fix ?

Sorry for the crass Q, But what happened to warrant the change of fuel injectors ?

BTW, I'm a fan of Techron.....works in all my reciprocating engines.

As well as SeaFoam.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when I did my 12k at the dealer $800 bucks later they told me that the eng ine misfire was cause by a bad enjector that was 3 ears ago, bike was in storage cause of an accident I had (not on the bike). so now is out and getting it ready to ride so am doing a complete maintenance repair on it

·
Registered
594 Posts
As for injectors. During this winter I changed throttle cables to upgraded ones. At the same time I got an idea to have the injectors tested and cleaned in an authorized Bosch-service. I was pretty amazed when they called and told #2 injector being way out of specs and being able to "produce" way, way below what it should. At the same time the rough idle got an explanation. After renewing the injector the idle now is a lot smoother it used to be. As for other driving experience - the snow on the ground does not support driving that much yet. Maybe within few weeks I will learn what effect the new injector has (if any).

So far I have once or twice in the year used STP injector treatment....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bummer for the snow......I live in miami. so here is the heat.. as for the injectors when I took them off they look gruity, the exterior housing had some rust and the tips had vernish from the gas, the injector place replaced everything, tip,screens' filter and brought them up to specs. the flow test measured exactly the same amount of gas on every tube. the guy have a digital scale that gives you a number on the amount of gas each enjector dispences. so now am waiting for the fuel filter from boneyard, should arive today...and the maintenence continue (by the way sorry for the mis-spelling I type with one finger)................

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well almost done change oil, rear end, transmission, put the enjectors in #4 when tried to turn on started leaking gas at high preasure so I tap the fuel rail with a 2x4 very gently to seat the injector and that fixed the leak. now I have to reset the throttle if I read rite ignition on (not engine) and and turn throttle 3 time, turn ignition off and try it, if it works ill do the brake flush next....wish me luck...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Printman let me commend you on you tech skill and knowledge. But also there is another important factor involved and that is bravery.
I had a stress test followed by an EKG last year and the technologist was good enough to let me look at heart on the computer monitor (pretty nice size screen). When I left when I left the facility the thoughts going around in my head were how do the doctors/surgoens handle such a delicate piece of equiptment (speaking lightly) during open heart surgury.
Well to correlate that to motorcycles is what I think you are doing and don't envy you. I have a pretty strong constitution but could not imagine seeeing my bike like that in my own garage at my hands.
I have changed a tire on a '79 Kawasaki (rear) and several oil changes mind you that bike had a drive shaft but no single side axale like bmw. Also I have done oil changes on '85 Goldwing and taken the cases apart for tail and signal light bulb changes,speeker and mirror replacements, but again that not bmw.
I am not trying to sound negative au contraire I wish to extend all the moral support I can.
You have way more guts that I have to attempt it that all. Good luck and I hope you get a well finished job. i will be watching your progress.
ride safe

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well today id sunday and I really don't feel like smelling like gasoline. tomorrow I will continue and let you know how it turn up.........have a happy sunday to all...printman

·
Registered
204 Posts
printman said:
tried to turn on started leaking gas at high preasure so I tap the fuel rail with a 2x4 very gently to seat the injector and that fixed the leak.

Glad to see you have a full compliment of BMW approved specialty tools.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just reinstalled the fuel rail on a K75 after having the injectors shop cleaned. I put a dab of lithium grease on each seal, being careful not to contaminate the inlet or outlet, lined up the injectors to the ports, and the rail to the injectors, and tapped the back of the rail with a rubber mallet. Worked fine.

Jeff D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts