BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is what I have.

I am wondering how that can be? Learned this when I tried to reregister it in my state after an out of state purchase.

Was looking for the brown wire and couldn't locate it. Did find two small diameter brown wires clipped and taped and a purplish colored plug with black and white wires. Nothing plugged into it.

I'd appreciate comments or tips on any of the isses .

Andre'

·
Registered
18 Posts
what question are you asking??? If you are asking can an 02 bike be made in 01 then the answer is yes.. Just like cars they start making the next year during the current year (i.e. year being 04 car model 05). I have a 2005 mercury outboard boat motor made in 2004 yet it is a 2005 so that is perfectly normal.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
My 05 had a production date of April 04 and I took delivery in June 04.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
No offense to anyone over on that side of the pond but this advanced "model year" -thing must be an invention of the Detroit auto makers.
The rest of the world follows the real calendar more carefully and this kind of situations are mostly avoided. The model year usually changes in Sept- Oct at the earliest.
Good example: My bike is produced in Dec 03. It is one of the first "facelift" models which came to market in the beginning of 2004. Thus it is clearly a 2004 model over here but you guys call it an ´05 :D Go figure...

Regards

·
Registered
499 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:
Good example: My bike is produced in Dec 03. It is one of the first "facelift" models which came to market in the beginning of 2004. Thus it is clearly a 2004 model over here but you guys call it an ´05 :D Go figure...

Regards
I believe the "'05" wasn't available in the States until about 11 months after it was available in Europe.

Dave

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
In South Africa they differentiate between Year of Manufacture and Year of First Registration.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 05 was first registered in july 04.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts