BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Hoon Hardware 12v to 6V hard-wired power supply for my Roady 2. I bought this particular unit because of the advertisement of marine-grade connectors and weatherproof components. After 8+ months of flawless performance, the power to the Roady cuts in and out, at first after several minutes of riding and now almost immediately. A check of all power connections points to the "black box" housing the electronics for the power supply. Anyone else experience this? Anyone else have a sure-fire hard-wired power source for your Roady 2?

PS: I haven't contacted the folks at Hoon Hardware yet, after just isolating it to the black box tonight, so they haven't had a chance to make it right, FYI.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hard Wire

I have noticed the same problem...but I was not sure if it was the radio, the power supply or the Roady 2. Seems fine after a while, but it does the "cut out" early on in the ride.

I would be interested in what teh Hoon folks have to say.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI, after describing to Steve at Hoon Hardware the problems I was experiencing, I received this reply:

Gregg --

We have had a few problems with some of the hardwire kits. We have gone to another supplier for this component. Shoot me an address and we'll get a new unit right out to you.

Thanks,

Steve
Pretty straight-up dude if you ask me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The "Old" Hardwire unit.

Thanks to those who've let me know about defective units. One of our key goals is satisfied customers, so we try to make sure you get what you pay for.

The "old" Marine-grade hardwire kit was discovered to have a voltage cut-off too close to 6V, which has caused problems some have experienced. If you want to get a replacement transformer unit that had been corrected, shoot an e-mail to [email protected] and Linc should take care of you.

The new unit we are using is not "Marine-grade" but we haven't had any reports of water being an issue. If you have a defective old unit and want a new one, just shoot an e-mail to [email protected].

Thanks!

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts