BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody is using Gates Submersible Fuel Line in their tank ;they might want to check this Forum out;I was really shocked on how some these guys put Gates Hose down.
I really was thinking of using this when I changed out my fuel filter next time.Now I am not sure.
Google the Forum- Performance Trucks .net Forums
Do a Search Gates Submersible Fuel Line

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Go to your local parts store, tell them you need a foot of submersible fuel injected fuel line. It works fine.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,559 Posts
I did and the one I looked at was raving about the line. Guess I missed the bad post. I would have no problem using Gates submersible but at the cost and the fact it is not formed I would be better off just using the original BMW hose.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Gates hose and belts are FAA certificated parts on many, MANY aircraft. I guess the bubbas on an internet truck forum are a lot smarter than engineers that design and certify aircraft. :rolleyes:

Gates products are VERY expensive and VERY high quality, you get what you pay for.

No doubt there are many other hose manufacturers that can meet the engineering standard called for which is SAE 30R10 or EU equivalent for submersible hose.

If anyone is interested in the correct metric size for our LT's is 8X13mm. :D

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
If I had to do it again I'd just buy the hoses from BMW............ :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Time you figure cost of the coil spring and Gates hose;your right the cost differs is not that big.I am going with the BMW Hoses;;less hazzle
Gary
2003 K1200LT

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Gates
Goodyear
Dayco

Top three in the USA. Not in any order.
Depends on application and personal preference.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,999 Posts
The two BMW hoses are $56.95. The springs are $7 from www.speedwaymotors.com Two feet of the Gates hose cost $25 from e-bay. With shipping it cost me about $19 per bike using Ron K Miller's suggestion.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
saddleman said:
The two BMW hoses are $56.95. The springs are $7 from www.speedwaymotors.com Two feet of the Gates hose cost $25 from e-bay. With shipping it cost me about $19 per bike using Ron K Miller's suggestion.
That would be 66% less expensive. :D I was raised with the saying that "if you take care of the nickles and dimes the dollars will take care of themselves". ;)

I always want to puke when I see what BMW charges for what are - by and large - simply commodity re-branded parts. :eek:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,999 Posts
RonKMiller said:
That would be 66% less expensive. :D I was raised with the saying that "if you take care of the nickles and dimes the dollars will take care of themselves". ;)

I always want to puke when I see what BMW charges for what are - by and large - simply commodity re-branded parts. :eek:
Thanks for doing the homework on this Ron. It made it easy for me to find the right places to buy everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts