BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Problem with pairing Scala G4+RT radio

This week I got my G4. I paired perfectly with my NAV and phone, its easy. However I could not suceed to pair with the BMW radio. I followed all instructions, including disconnected phone and Nav before that. Second helmet is also off

The blutooth simbol on the bike first flashes then stays ON, meaning the the paring should be completed. However there is no any sound in the helmet.

Does anybody has an idea what I am missing here ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I haven't got your year model or G4, but just from all the noise on the forums, you might want to check with your radio manual where you have to increase the volume (or even enable) the virtual rear speaker pair on your BMW radio.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check this today, although I doubt this is the reason. A month ago I tried Interphone F4 and paired with RT radio without problems.

It should be something else...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had trouble with my G9 and was told its a software problem between Scala and BMW. I can use the phone and the BMW, the phone and the gps, but not all three. I'm told they are working on an update?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All is strange here. I am returning now from the garrage where I did make several attemts.

The first attempt suceeded. Initially I switched on the radio and the G4 . Then I made search pairing on the radion and in the same time pressed the G4 mobile button for searching= After few seconds I saw OK on the RT display and the sound appeared in the helmet.

Then I decided to try to make it one more time, unfortunately without success. I did exactly the same steps, from the very beginning. I also tried to pair engaging first the G4 search and the the other one - no success.

During the efforts ther were no other devices connected to the G4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts