BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 K1200LT:

After battery running down on bike over the winter and fob battery replacement, I can't get the bike to recognize either of 2 fobs.

When I follow the directions in book SUPPLEMENTARY RIDER'S MANUAL (US-MODEL) ANTI-THEFT ALARM SYSTEM DWA 5, Chapter 6 page 26 & 27, It mostly works. The 2 beep acknowledgement tone occurs after ALL digits have been selected instead when you switch on the ignition after each digit as stated, but I do get the confirmation beeps. This should allow me to register my fobs.

Moving on to page 28, it says
to "Press and hold down buttons 1 and 2 which will cause LED #3 to flash" YES
Then "LED stops flashing after 10 seconds" YES
"Release buttons I and 2" and the LED will stay ON. YES
"Press button 1 or 2 and 1x alarm, LED off" NO!!!!

The fob blinks a couple of times and goes out but the bike never responds. Neither fob causes a response from the bike. In 30 seconds the unit times out and chirps 3 times. The alarm light is supposed to flash the number of fobs registered, but that must be 0.

I have done the synchronizing routine mentioned on page 30 and the routine for replacing the battery on page 30 & 32.

These fobs were registered with this machine a couple of years ago.

As I remember, the programing wire is non-applicable on the 2005 machines and are programmed via the fobs.

Anyone have instructions that are different than the ones I have?

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,534 Posts
You have the right instruction but I suspect the FOBs are already registered to the alarm so it will not work. Often when the battery is out for long periods the FOB and alarm get "out of sync" on the rolling code. To recover from this just pick a FOB and repeatedly arm and dis-arm the alarm. After several attempts the rolling code will sync up. It may take 50 of more tries. I had this issue when I did my clutch job and it took about 25 repeats before it synced up again and I have not had an issue since.

·
Registered
25 Posts
... To recover from this just pick a FOB and repeatedly arm and dis-arm the alarm. After several attempts the rolling code will sync up. It may take 50 of more tries. I had this issue when I did my clutch job and it took about 25 repeats before it synced up again and I have not had an issue since.
Sounds too good to be true. I will give it a try and hope it works because I tried method stated in the manual without success.

·
Registered
170 Posts
did you finally figure out why you were not getting the confirmation beeps???
i am having the same issue trying to add a remote
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts