BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm from Brazil and I have a problem with my Lt 1999. Every time after using the engine brake during a descent, the bike starts to fail, as if it were lack of fuel, then I have to turn it off and on again, then it works normally until i need to use the engine brake again, has anyone experienced this? Sorry my English, I'm using Google translator. A hug to everyone

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Hi guys, I'm from Brazil and I have a problem with my Lt 1999. Every time after using the engine brake during a descent, the bike starts to fail, as if it were lack of fuel, then I have to turn it off and on again, then it works normally until i need to use the engine brake again, has anyone experienced this? Sorry my English, I'm using Google translator. A hug to everyone
Hi Cris-If I understand you correctly... you are using the engine (downshifting?) instead of the brakes to slow down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[QUOTE = "kbob12, postagem: 1967633, membro: 114322"]
Oi Cris-Se bem entendi ... você está usando o motor (redução de marcha?) Em vez dos freios para diminuir a velocidade?
[/CITAR]
I use the brake too, but if I take my hand off the accelerator on a steep descent and go back to accelerating right after the bike starts to fail, seeming to run out of fuel, then I turn off the engine and turn it on again, it's perfect, until I need it slow down on a descent again.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Oi Cris-Se bem entendi ... você está usando o motor (redução de marcha?) Em vez dos freios para diminuir a velocidade?
[/CITAR]
I use the brake too, but if I take my hand off the accelerator on a steep descent and go back to accelerating right after the bike starts to fail, seeming to run out of fuel, then I turn off the engine and turn it on again, it's perfect, until I need it slow down on a descent again.
Do you own, or have access to a GS-911 Diagnostic tool? Have you tried a TPS reset? When was your last air filter, or fuel filter change? Could it be dirty fuel injectors? Do you have your original O2 sensor?
Hopefully, someone in the know can step in...

·
Registered
135 Posts
[/CITAR]
I wonder if the steep descent is related. Do you have the same problem on the level? If only on descent, perhaps your fuel pump is starved for gasoline because of the tilt. This is not normal, but may lead you to finding the problem in the fuel tank: filter, hoses, etc.

//
Eu me pergunto se a descida íngreme está relacionada. Você tem o mesmo problema no nível? Mesmo que apenas na descida, talvez sua bomba de combustível esteja com fome de gasolina por causa da inclinação. Isso não é normal, mas pode levar você a encontrar o problema no tanque de combustível: filtro, mangueiras, etc.

-Dean

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The fuel injection is programmed to stop injecting fuel when throttle is completely closed until just above idle and will then start injecting fuel again. There are posts of guys noticing stumbling when getting back into throttle.

If you have throttle closed completely during deceleration and just before stopping disengage clutch does the motor go to idle or does it quit?

Reactions: Cris Baumhardt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fuel injection is programmed to stop injecting fuel when throttle is completely closed until just above idle and will then start injecting fuel again. There are posts of guys noticing stumbling when getting back into throttle.

If you have throttle closed completely during deceleration and just before stopping disengage clutch does the motor go to idle or does it quit?
it was solved folks, the problem was a leaky hose between after the fuel filter, I believe that somehow air got in there when I took my hand off the accelerator, it usually happened with less than half a tank. Many thanks to everyone who helped me here, big hug from Brazil!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it was solved folks, the problem was a leaky hose between after the fuel filter, I believe that somehow air got in there when I took my hand off the accelerator, it usually happened with less than half a tank. Many thanks to everyone who helped me here, big hug from Brazil!
Sorry for my Portuguese, I'm using Google translator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts