BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As there is a 1200.00?rebate, available, off m.s.r.p. At least that's something, other than, "folks have been paying msrp, for these bikes"...Did anyone that bellied up for a new 2012 K1600 GTL, get a discount?? What can I expect-if anything-other than the current 1200.00, 'off' ?

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
I was part of the "Pre-Sale" last year & there was NO discount.
I have NOT heard of any discounts off the bikes for this year either.
My dealer DID give me free engine guards & a $250.00 in store credit.
Others also received free accessories like GPS , top case brake lights & riding gear from their dealers. BMW does not discount their bike very often, but dealer will give free stuff to make the sale.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I got $500 off plus engine guards, and free installation of the guards, top case light and new horn (minor stuff). They don't need to discount much since they're able to sell at MSRP and allotments of bikes are tight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
katnapinn said:
I was part of the "Pre-Sale" last year & there was NO discount.
I have NOT heard of any discounts off the bikes for this year either.
My dealer DID give me free engine guards & a $250.00 in store credit.
Others also received free accessories like GPS , top case brake lights & riding gear from their dealers. BMW does not discount their bike very often, but dealer will give free stuff to make the sale.
This is kind of my 'gut' feeling, with the dealer I have checked out, here. I do believe that there would be a better chance for making a deal, based on trade difference-on a gently used bike, but that won't really matter, if I decided I would rather have the new, blue bike.. Also, dealers are very close to getting 2013 bikes in..and part of me begs the question: '10, '12, or, '13?? Yes, I know that I have a luxury problem-no doubt..

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
There are some minor tweaks to the 2013 K1600s. Nothing major, but worth looking into. Especially the change to the passenger grab handles - a definite improvement there, IMO.

Check those out - they may be enough incentive to make you go for the newest model year. There is a thread on this site about those changes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hschisler said:
There are some minor tweaks to the 2013 K1600s. Nothing major, but worth looking into. Especially the change to the passenger grab handles - a definite improvement there, IMO.

Check those out - they may be enough incentive to make you go for the newest model year. There is a thread on this site about those changes.
I checked out that thread. Man, I dig the new color pallette!! I was voicing this very topic to the sales dood, and pining for more than ?two colors-and they will have 4, on the 13s!! And I am personally digging the new, Atlantic Blue! :dance:

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
jimbullitt said:
I checked out that thread. Man, I dig the new color pallette!! I was voicing this very topic to the sales dood, and pining for more than ?two colors-and they will have 4, on the 13s!! And I am personally digging the new, Atlantic Blue! :dance:
Sounds like a decision has been made. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.