BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A guy is looking at my bike and wanting me to keep the GPS on it, so I am thinking of going with the Zumo 550 for my next bike to cut down on a Sat. Radio and Phone mountings. Best prices I have seen are $647 on Amazon. Anyone know where it is cheaper?

Also what Antenna do I need with it. The one Amazon has pictured next to the Zumo is over $200. WTF??? It doesn't say it is for the Zumo though.

Okay after checking on Garmin's web site it does say that is the correct antenna. $200?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
650.00 w/o the xm antenna is a fair price :)

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David, I don't want "Fair" I want "GREAT!!!" :histerica
Thanks for the input. ;)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine was 667.00 back in January. Got it through Ebay from an outfit called 17th Street Photo. Did a lot of research on the buyer before I hit the Buy Now. Been some weird things happen on Ebay lately, be careful.

$200 on the XM antenna seems to be the going rate, but the radio is built into the same unit. The Zumo just acts as an interface. All the XM radio works are in the antenna.

After all I've spent so far I'm going to have to wait a while to get XM. Ah well, something to look forward to.

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
Jerry sounds like a good price. I would search a little deeper and you can more then likely find it a little cheeper or as a package deal with the antenna.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the monthy charge for the XM with all the bells and whistles that go with the 550? I have regular XM now.

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks,
Does that $3.99 also cover the weather stuff?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
amazing prices we pay 1300.00 for these here in OZ and there is no discounting

·
Registered
176 Posts
$653 w/shipping at Abe's of Maine.

I've heard some complaints about these guys, but I've made a number of purchases (including my Zumo) from them with no problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts