BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
My dealer said that the BMW rep said that they would release the price in January.
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
iride4u said:
My dealer said that the BMW rep said that they would release the price in January.
I talk to the BMW rep last Saturday & he also said early January for the price, but would NOT indicate ANY estimated price. He also said the Demos & first ordered bikes "Should" be here late February or early March.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
katnapinn said:
I talk to the BMW rep last Saturday & he also said early January for the price, but would NOT indicate ANY estimated price. He also said the Demos & first ordered bikes "Should" be here late February or early March.
From the Toronto Motorcycle show. FWIW: We were told that BMW is now producing K1600 for European market. Canadian production will start in April and deliveries in June. The price I noted above is printed in the Canadian brouchure for the K1600 as a list price. I was at the Memphis BMW dealer last week. He said they will not get any till Aug/Sept next year and does not have prices. The reason (I was told) that the GTL was not at the show was it was stuck in Brazil with customs paper problems and they had to fly the GT in from Munchen specifically for the Toronto show.

Garry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
For what it's worth, I asked my dealer and he said no pricing or ordering info would be available until after the IMS show in Long Beach. Perhaps they are considering it as the official US unveiling of the bike. My GF and I are going to the show this weekend, so I'm going to be asking anyone with a BMW shirt on....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MrBreeze said:
For what it's worth, I asked my dealer and he said no pricing or ordering info would be available until after the IMS show in Long Beach. Perhaps they are considering it as the official US unveiling of the bike. My GF and I are going to the show this weekend, so I'm going to be asking anyone with a BMW shirt on....

Scott, Are you riding to the Long Beach show? (I'm just having a bit of trip envy right now in the frigid Midwest!!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
katnapinn said:
I talk to the BMW rep last Saturday & he also said early January for the price, but would NOT indicate ANY estimated price. He also said the Demos & first ordered bikes "Should" be here late February or early March.
My dealer said the BMW "Rep" for this area said that 1750 K1600's will come to the USA in April. More would arrive in September. Dealer thinks he will get a Demo bike in March, along with options and prices. My dealer does not know if I will be able to spec my bike or whether it will come loaded. Hopefully your info is more accurate since it is more current.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
rodeking said:
My dealer said the BMW "Rep" for this area said that 1750 K1600's will come to the USA in April.
In 2006, I was 1 of only 600 or so buyers of the newly-released K1200GT. It came fully loaded ... why wouldn't anyone want all the new goodies anyway. ;)

2011 is going to be fun year to watch as the new K1600 owners take to the road, and we get to hear the (real) pros and cons of the bike. I'm going to try to stay content with my much beloved 2010 Concours14. I'll try to hold off buying a K1600 until 2011 ... time will tell.

Price? If that's really all that important, there will be lots of LTs around for cheap. :D
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top