BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another post I mentioned a rats nest of wires under the seat. Today I started chasing them down. The only tuppereware left on the bike are the side bags and the trunk. The front tupperware came off to replace the low beam HID headlight and air and fuel filters
1. LED strips under the side bags. Neither worked. They are now gone along with the wires.
2. Lights under the front pegs cut into and mounted on the bottom tupperware. Also not working and now gone, etc.
3. LED box above the license plate that probably lit up with the brake light. It blocks the white light that is supposed to shine on the license plate. I don't know about other states but that doesn't fly here. The trunk is probably needing to come off as there is a wire that goes up from the LED box that I think ties in with the brake lights somehow.
4. Traced the wiring for the driving lights to a relay also under the seat that tie in with some other smaller wires. They go forward again to what I haven't looked yet.
I got tired of cussing, sweating and cutting tie wraps. I'm inside with a cool one.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Stay cool. It sounds like your making progress

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
There is very little room so being creative is often the case when adding farkles on an LT as to where the wiring goes. A rats nest under the seat is not uncommon even if some are more organized rats nests than others. I know it is difficult as you didn't build that nest but you will eventually find where it all goes. As James said, you are making progress so hang on a little longer and you will make it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found how the driving lights are controlled.
After figuring out which wires go to which post on the battery and having to install longer bolts for the battery connections that is. Why do I say which wire goes to which battery post? One of them is black with a fuse in it. All the wires going to or from the relay for the lights are black. But there is only the one with a fuse.
As someone previously suggested they are turned on/off using the turn signal cancel switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts