BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While parked in my office driveway this week, my blue beauty began dripping fuel. The rate was about 70+ drops per minute. It seemed to be coming from the right side as I could see it running over the engine cover.

The tank cap was clean and secured. The excess fuel drain was not wet so I figured it was not overflowing through the fill port.

Once the leak started it never got worse, but never did stop.

The dealer picked it up and I found out today that it probably needs a replacement tank. It was not related to a fuel connection. I assume under warranty.

How weird is this? I checked all the searches and could not locate anything on it. Has this happened to anyone else? It has about 14K.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Howdy do Jim...I know what you mean...A few weeks ago I was out and about...Aftering fueling and riding down the road I could smell gas...Pull over and check fuel cap...Nope...Look down on the right side and fuel was dripping well...Got her home pulled some plastic and found a leaking quick disconect...
Did a quick fix on her and all is well...Hope your fix is as simple...Ride safe and Hard...

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
That is very strange. All the fuel leaks I can remember reading about were:

1- Fuel disconnects
2- Seal at large fuel filter/pump retaining nut.
3- Leaks at fuel pressure regulator, fuel rail supply hose.

Don't remember ever hearing of a problem with the tank itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts