BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had trouble finding water/getting it to clear up/salt. Finally on the 5th hole made an artesian well. It's flowing something like 85gpm and is some fine tasting water. Now I can finally sleep good tonight! I hate to be the person that has to put the pump in, as it is still flowing with a 6' well casing sticking up at around 40 psi.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
ironbuttwannabe said:
Had trouble finding water/getting it to clear up/salt. Finally on the 5th hole made an artesian well. It's flowing something like 85gpm and is some fine tasting water. Now I can finally sleep good tonight! I hate to be the person that has to put the pump in, as it is still flowing with a 6' well casing sticking up at around 40 psi.
Woah..........nice score my friend......you are blessed............suuweeet..........j...... :cool:

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Hey, Neil - sure is good to hear when a nice guy reaps the harvest from hard work and dedication. Good on ya!! :thumb:

BTW - how'd the sow barn (wuz that it, or wuz it sumpthin' else?) finish out? Good results there too?

Have a great summer, Neil. Shout next time you're down this way - meetcha for lunch munchies in Rock Springs or ....

·
Registered
153 Posts
ironbuttwannabe said:
Try this http://www.usmsfp.org/news/headlinenews/09-27-2006mossesshrimp.htm with the salt water.

·
Registered
2011 RT
187 Posts
I'll rejoice with you there Bro.... :)

...been 19 yrs. ago having our well punched here in Montana. At the time it was $17./ ft.

...had ~$4-5000. set aside for the well in the building estimate....wound up at 480'..one hole, by the time it was all over $10,000 :(

..oh.....well

God Bless America,
pipestone

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chockkicker said:
Pretty slick but I don't think our water would be quite salty enough. And we don't really have enough room to make a big pond. Anyways those holes are already filled in.

Icould live real good with cost being $17 a foot. But my guess will be twice that as they mostly use spudders/hammers whatever you call. Them around here. Plus we are runnning 2 inch pise 800' with constant pressure pump. My guess for a bill would be around $30K. Hopefully its cheaper....but I doubt it. The way I figure it is now we have as much water as 4 good wells, just had to drill 4 no good holes to get it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts