BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2003 LT and there are what the riders manual calls power outlets....there are 4 of them, all on the left side of the bike

2 look like a cigarette lighter but smaller

2 look similar to the old s-video

where do I find the plugs for the cigarette ones?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The ones that look like small cigarette lighter outlets are just that, but called powerlet outlets (I think John Deere tractors use them too). The one down by your left foot is always switched on and can be used for a battery tender. You can also use it for things like heated gear, but remember it's always on. The one on the top case is only on when the ignition is on. The ones that look like S video connections are for the intercom cables if the bike is equipped with one. Since you have a "E" you should have the intercom too.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blueknightga6 said:
The ones that look like small cigarette lighter outlets are just that, but called powerlet outlets (I think John Deere tractors use them too). The one down by your left foot is always switched on and can be used for a battery tender. You can also use it for things like heated gear, but remember it's always on. The one on the top case is only on when the ignition is on. The ones that look like S video connections are for the intercom cables if the bike is equipped with one. Since you have a "E" you should have the intercom too.
thanks Chris, I guess alot of this stuff would have been in an owners manual, but didn't get that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
FrankNitti said:
thanks Chris, I guess alot of this stuff would have been in an owners manual, but didn't get that.
Welcome to the family Frank! I have the same year, same color! And, I have an extra manual - PM me your address and I'll send it to you! :bmw:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Chris, those small cigarette lighter type plugs are also called Hella or DIN plugs. You can buy them from BMW or John Deere but I didn't like their prices so I bought a set of three on eBay for about $17 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370649411274

It makes it simple to connect a battery charger/maintainer without having to raise the seat or having to attach pigtails to the battery. You can also use it to power a cellphone charger or some other accessory.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are a number of places to purchase a cord that will fit into the outlet on one end and provide a cigarette lighter receptical on the other. Comes in very handy when my cellphone starts to get low on juice. Just bought one Whitehorse Gear.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this site is without a doubt the best....

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
FrankNitti said:
Frank, have you looked in the pocket behind the mirror in the top case lid? That is where mine resides.

Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts