BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find adapters for my aux. power outlets? My GPS has a regular car 12v male end on it. I would like to use it with my Lt but the outlets are a different size. Maybe a stupid question, but I am new to this realm.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Don't know abouts your exact model, but mine only has power outlets at foot level and on the rear box.
So I wouldn't plug it in there
Many people use the electric from behind the dash light or from a distribution box attached to the battery

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Start here: http://www.powerletproducts.com/

Next, try a John Deer dealer. They use the same power outlet design on their tractors.

Next would be your local (?) BMW dealer.

And, there are several vendors listed on this site that carry like and/or simular plugs and outlets.

I've used adapters to charge my cell phone, Palm, and digital camera batteries. No problems.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I think I purchased a male adapter from Raffy some time ago and changed out one of my plugs so I could use it in the LT socket. Most of us just use the power at the map light for power from the bike. A power cable should be available for your unit that can be hardwired in so you would only have to mount your GPS and plug it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts