BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 LT, and I'm installing a Valentine One. I have taken off all tupperware, etc. to run wires under the stingray, etc. I know there are lots of places to pull the 12V power from (wired to the ignition), but I would appreicate any thoughts on the best place to hook it up.

This will save me plenty of time staring at the bike for 30 minutes. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a Passport 8500 mounted on the right handlebar/brake reservoir.I also have the legal speeding module mounted under the bracket. I ran the hot wire for the radar detecter to the heated seat connection. Works great.I mounted the wireless LED light at the map light dash.

Good luck.
Tim

·
Registered
130 Posts
My detector is mounted on a Tech Mount on the R/H handle bar. The wires run under the plastic handle bar covers and pick up power from the back side of the map light. I even use the same spot to power my XM radio.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Pull the power from the "dashboard" light...Takes a few minutes and you don't have to remove anything except the light fixture. Use low volatge jumpers that you can get from any autoparts store. You can file the hole on the left side of the light to make the wire fit better. Mine has been mounted on a BMR shelf wing for several years now. You run the wire under the shelf with cable ties...and it you do in right you can even access the fuse easily.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
roadking04 said:
I have a Passport 8500 mounted on the right handlebar/brake reservoir.I also have the legal speeding module mounted under the bracket. I ran the hot wire for the radar detecter to the heated seat connection. Works great.I mounted the wireless LED light at the map light dash.

Good luck.
Tim

Do we have a pic or two of this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts