BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Old Dawg
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will be monitored by the Moderators and Admins so please report any suspected scammers here for us to review and ban.

If you get a PM/DM/Conversation (whatever the new term is) that from a new member that tells you "I have the part you are looking for and email me here" or "my friend Johnny Dipshit has the part you are looking for, email him here" it is a scam so PLEASE do not contact them, report them to us.

REMINDER: DO NOT pay using Friends and Family unless you TRULY know the person on the other computer (like my buddy Chuckracer), just pay the extra 3% and cover your ass.

We will try and post the following in WTB ads:
Just a heads up, if you get a PM from someone that has no post(s) and claims they or a friend has the part you seek, just to email them at [email protected] please report this to us via the report button or here: Post Scammers Here

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you for this, I have reported 2 instances of this to the administration, it was a new account that day who contacted me saying he had a Sargent seat and provided “stock” pictures however they were not heated and I was asking for heated, which he said they were, that got my Cop senses tingling and reported that to admin. Lo and behold, a different address but similar contacted me the following day talking about his friend in Texas had a heated seat, same MO and was reported.
Be careful out there folks, 99.9% of us are genuine, we are a great community, let’s try and make sure they don’t get any of our hard earned money.
keep on the grey bits!
Rossy

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,376 Posts
I was hoping you were going to set this up, Thanks

Reactions: scottydawg

·
Old Dawg
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The IP address for Mr. bornlovely772 is Lago Nigeria
The IP address for Mr alexisr85698g is a scammer that has joined and attempted to scam 3 times in 48 hours under various usernames.
They are now banned.

PLEASE everyone report even if you aren't sure, just suspicious and we will look into it.

Reactions: Gomoca

·
Registered
721 Posts
My 4 Button NAV V cradle mount seems to be attracting ALL the scammers...got this email coming from the site. Guy doesn't exist!

Hello mate Are you still looking? Let me know if you're still interested in it Text me on [email protected] Sent from my TECNO KC8 using Tapatalk

·
Old Dawg
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That user (terrylucas397) was banned. Keep letting us know and we will keep nailing them.

You have given me an idea to put up a WTB ad and see if I can catch some bees with a little honey. Any others want to jump in on posting to play a little game?

Reactions: Gomoca and beech

·
Registered
2021 R1250RT
204 Posts
On the sites I run, I typically require the 1st post to be approved and that catches some of these. Once approved, a new user is auto moved to a verified user group. I don't know this software much so not sure if that's an easy approach.

I run ST-Owners.com and NT-Owners.org

·
Old Dawg
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the sites I run, I typically require the 1st post to be approved and that catches some of these. Once approved, a new user is auto moved to a verified user group. I don't know this software much so not sure if that's an easy approach.
On the Ducati site I run you can't see the classifieds without a minimum post/membership time, probably good idea to at least have a first post rule here. I am going to post an ad and see if I can catch some of these guys.

Reactions: Gomoca and Mellow

·
Registered
159 Posts
One one of my gun forums, you are required to have 10 posts prior to being able to enter the "for sale" section.

Reactions: Gomoca

·
Old Dawg
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far no bites on my ad but hoping to catch a few fish...

·
Registered
721 Posts
I got another catch on my 4 Button Nav V Cradle..
JakeWill is his name...suggested I email someone in Texas he has no postes.

·
Old Dawg
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for reporting that. Gave him the ban hammer. I changed my ad in hopes of luring some stinky bees to honey because nav systems seem to be popular to respond to.

PS - JakeWill sent me a PM too :D

Reactions: evan

·
Old Dawg
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now banned, thank you for letting us know.

·
Old Dawg
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He sent me another email yesterday with a new email (PayPal) [email protected]
I have no member with that email address, if can you let us know the member name that sent the message so we can ban we will send them on their way.

Reactions: djmellor

·
Registered
721 Posts
Got another message from truckalbert21 regarding contacting regarding 4 button Nav Mount ...contact email [email protected]
But Message was from
hooer
who only joined 7hrs ago.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts