BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...it's been awhile. And I hafta tell you, I kinda like "lurker mode". So, although I'm breaking the silence, you won't see good ol' messenger13 posting as much as I used to. In short, the 12-step program worked! :)

The survey and the comments regarding my where-abouts were quite enjoyable. Thanks to all who participated! I truly felt the love.
:p

Lastly, I feel I should at least add some value to this post . . . with it being the big five-oh-oh-oh and all. So here it goes. Some things that I've learned after posting 5000 times, and riding my LT for just over 3 years and 36,000 miles. (Remember I have other bikes and live in north-east Ohio.)

(In no particular order.)
  1. Congrats to the admins...they do an amazing job!
    I certainly would've kicked out half the whiners in here by now. ;)
  2. The BMW K1200LT is simply THE BEST Luxury Touring Motorcycle on the planet. Bar None!
  3. The BMW K1200LT is NOT a sportbike! Anyone who outruns a 'real' sportbike on an LT is not racing a good rider. Back-off your ego about a million percent, take your head out of your
    , and go ride with a 'real' sportbike rider!
  4. "Farkles", "add-ons", and/or "accessories" should only add to the functionality and/or personal enjoyment of your K1200LT. If you're doing it to impress others or you're trying to keep up with the Jones'...you are a poser!
  5. The South-East Forum OWNS Y'ALL!!!
  6. A Harley-Davidson will ALWAYS be prettier than an LT...get over it!
  7. A GoldWing is an AWESOME machine. I'm just not old enough to own one yet.
  8. I used to think religion and politics were the two "forbidden topics" in life. I have since added OIL.
  9. Your LT is going to break-down . . . eventually. When it does, come in here, learn how to fix it, fix it yourself or take it to the dealer, pay the piper, and then ride it until it breaks again. But please....stop WHINING!
  10. All sportbike riders are not "SQUIDS", you prejudice
  11. All LT riders are NOT good riders.
  12. Last but not least, for the most part, listen to the "old guys" on the forum. Don't be an idiot like me and argue with them. They really do know what they're talking about MOST of the time. If you're unsure...PM me. I'll set you straight! :D :D :D
Remember, these are just a few of my observations and/or opinions. I could be wrong . . . but I highly doubt it. :bmw:

God bless America!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Welcome back !!

BTW the 12-step must not have been for smart a$$ ;)

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
You had us worried Joe! In spite of the "survey" :D results, we missed you. The occasional sightings at least let us know you were still OK, and had not sold the LT.

Welcome back.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
messenger13 said:
If you're unsure...PM me. I'll set you straight! :D :D :D

I could be wrong . . . but I highly doubt it. :bmw:

Yes, he is back :) :) :)
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Dang Joe, I was wrong again...you wasn't supposed to post again until I had 4000 more posts, (sometime late in Nov. 2007).;)

Great seeing y'all :) this weekend at Ironhorse for our "Return to Ironhorse" put us on your calendar for Spring Training Camp 2006... more later on that...

Now practice on a new southern saying "howsy'allmommanall?" (hows y'all momma and all).

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
welcome back, joe ... i agree with everything you said except the bit about sportbike riders. we are ALL squids.

time for another 12-step program to deal with it?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
A Harley-Davidson will ALWAYS be prettier than an LT...get over it!

Back to your 12 step meetings, there is still work to be done. You're obviously not fully rational yet! :abduct:

Welcome home Joe :cool:!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I truly felt the love

They were all lying to ya Joe! :)

Reactions: eljeffe

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Cartoon

Joe, nice post. love the cartoon! You crack me up!

messenger13 said:
Well...it's been awhile. And I hafta tell you, I kinda like "lurker mode". So, although I'm breaking the silence, you won't see good ol' messenger13 posting as much as I used to. In short, the 12-step program worked! :)

The survey and the comments regarding my where-abouts were quite enjoyable. Thanks to all who participated! I truly felt the love.

Lastly, I feel I should at least add some value to this post . . . with it being the big five-oh-oh-oh and all. So here it goes. Some things that I've learned after posting 5000 times, and riding my LT for just over 3 years and 36,000 miles. (Remember I have other bikes and live in north-east Ohio.)

(In no particular order.)
  1. Congrats to the admins...they do an amazing job!
    I certainly would've kicked out half the whiners in here by now. ;)
  2. The BMW K1200LT is simply THE BEST Luxury Touring Motorcycle on the planet. Bar None!
  3. The BMW K1200LT is NOT a sportbike! Anyone who outruns a 'real' sportbike on an LT is not racing a good rider. Back-off your ego about a million percent, take your head out of your
    , and go ride with a 'real' sportbike rider!
  4. "Farkles", "add-ons", and/or "accessories" should only add to the functionality and/or personal enjoyment of your K1200LT. If you're doing it to impress others or you're trying to keep up with the Jones'...you are a poser!
  5. The South-East Forum OWNS Y'ALL!!!
  6. A Harley-Davidson will ALWAYS be prettier than an LT...get over it!
  7. A GoldWing is an AWESOME machine. I'm just not old enough to own one yet.
  8. I used to think religion and politics were the two "forbidden topics" in life. I have since added OIL.
  9. Your LT is going to break-down . . . eventually. When it does, come in here, learn how to fix it, fix it yourself or take it to the dealer, pay the piper, and then ride it until it breaks again. But please....stop WHINING!
  10. All sportbike riders are not "SQUIDS", you prejudice
  11. All LT riders are NOT good riders.
  12. Last but not least, for the most part, listen to the "old guys" on the forum. Don't be an idiot like me and argue with them. They really do know what they're talking about MOST of the time. If you're unsure...PM me. I'll set you straight! :D :D :D
Remember, these are just a few of my observations and/or opinions. I could be wrong . . . but I highly doubt it. :bmw:

God bless America!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Well Joe, I'm glad you're back. I missed ya man! Wish I coulda been @ Ironhorse this past weekend but it just wasn't in the cards. Hopefully I'll be in attendance for the STC.

As soon as I get the darn title for the bike I hope to take a day trip to Ohio to look ya up. Or we can meet 1/2 way for a cup-o-joe...(pun intended).

Here's lookin at ya kid...

·
Registered
241 Posts
messenger13 said:
[*]A Harley-Davidson will ALWAYS be prettier than an LT...get over it!

Quite Right Joe. Once again you prove your keen observational powers!

[*]I used to think religion and politics were the two "forbidden topics" in life. I have since added OIL.

I would have to add TIRES to that list too.

Ride safe,
Steve S.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hey Joe,

Nice to know your still alive and kicking, I missed your witty repartee, Welcome back.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"witty repartee" . . . I like it. :) I thought I was witty once...but then found out later I was only half right. :D

·
IBR# 366
16,563 Posts
I know, all this time Joe was really off on a mission to collect as many new gifs as possible.

:)
:bmw:

"Be vewy vewy quiet. We'we hunting smilies. Heh heh heh heh heh." ;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Joe,

I am very happy to see you are once again active....I knew yiou were out there lurking but were not ready to contribute...Welcome back!!!!! I need help with my IceLink, are you available???? Oh Yea, 5000 was not half bad.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was here everyday sometimes two or three times a day and always late at night to see you back...

Sure someone is happy...my wife ... I'll be able to go to sleep at the same time as her again instead of trying to look out for your 5000th.
Welcome back

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Don, I still can't say that, even reading it!!!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
golly Joe I sure missed ya! I left home in search of you,but I guess I was looking in the wrong place I have been looking in Texas. I thought all LT riders go to Texas when they run away from home! I guess I can go back home now.
ps It's "Hows ya momanem!" at least in LA.

Later

1 - 20 of 26 Posts