BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the Chicago Motorcycle Show yesterday, a factory rep. from a helmet company told be that a new BMW shop is supposed to open this spring in Countryside, IL.

You heard it here first my friends.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
kk610lt said:
While at the Chicago Motorcycle Show yesterday, a factory rep. from a helmet company told be that a new BMW shop is supposed to open this spring in Countryside, IL.

You heard it here first my friends.
Wow - two new dealerships in IL this year. I don't know my geography around those parts, butt might this thread and the one below be talking about the same dealership?

Sportland BMW. Just curious.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dick said:
Wow - two new dealerships in IL this year. I don't know my geography around those parts, butt might this thread and the one below be talking about the same dealership?

Sportland BMW. Just curious.
Nope.....two different ones according to the info that I was given.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its officially open now they dont have a new bike inventory in just yet but the parts and service depts are up an running

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I was there yesterday. It is in a former car dealership so it has lots of room. A truckload of bikes is due today or tomorrow. It is called BMW of Countryside. Some of the staff of Chicago BMW have started new careers there. Looks like big things to come; they want to do it up right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Picked up a part that I ordered from Countryside BMW yesterday. I was met by sales manager Carey Caldwell and he gave a top-to-bottom tour of the facility. Very impressive, and first class all the way! They really seem to be working at making this a customer-centered operation. Their waiting room was well stocked with bike books, magazines, movies...and coffee.
A large stock of quality riding gear and apparel from BMW, Olympia, Sidi, etc.
Their stock of bikes is now in, and is extensive...except for the new K1600s....orders seem to be exceeding production. The maintenance facility was top-notch and already in full gear.
Their grand opening (the real one) is June 25th.
Although I enjoy doing some of my own wrenching, it's great to know that there's a bonafide BMW dealer close to home! :bmw:

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I spoke with Carey Caldwell yesterday about 3:00 to order a part. I received an E-Mail about 1 hour later that it has been shipped. That is GREAT SERVICE. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Been there and saw that.
I went to the initial opening on April 30th. And now that I know of the June 25th I will zip by if I am in town.
Dick yes that makes 2 different ones the other one is south down I-57. Countryside is just off of I-55. Good people.
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts