BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I've got an 02 LT, and found (accidentaly of course) that it does a pretty respectful rolling burnout. As it is a little on the hefty side, I didn't want to attempt it from a standing start. My dumb question; is the gearbox "healthy" enough for such hooliganism? Cuz it sure is fun! I had a 94 VMAX that could just about roast a rear tire right off the rim--I sure miss that part of the bike. If your wondering about the "accidentally" part -- my buddy has an 03 Buell lightning, and he wanted to race after we went through a few fairly aggressive curves in which I stayed right on his butt. After stopping and letting him chuckle at my "trying to ride that big-ass thing like a sportbike", I did my burnout, then proceeded to "whoop his ass" by about 50ft from about 10mph to about 125mph. I spent the rest of the afternoon chuckling to myself as when "the race" was done---he continued on home, not stopping or saying a word!:) A lovely day indeed!!
vman

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I wouldn't do it much at least until we have an answer on rear drive failures. That's one boat I prefer not to rock. For the time being I'll settle for the occasional 'the tires worn out anyway' with my Speed Triple.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I say GO FOR IT!

The gearbox can handle it!!!!! :)

(Not too sure about the clutch, shifter lever, mirrors and rear drive bearing though) - but - WHAT THE HECK!!!!!

Just the thought of an LT doin' a smokey burnout with my wife on the pillion - and a trailer attached - just sends chills up my spine!! ;) :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
vman said:
Hey all,
I've got an 02 LT, and found (accidentaly of course) that it does a pretty respectful rolling burnout. As it is a little on the hefty side, I didn't want to attempt it from a standing start. My dumb question; is the gearbox "healthy" enough for such hooliganism? Cuz it sure is fun! I had a 94 VMAX that could just about roast a rear tire right off the rim--I sure miss that part of the bike. If your wondering about the "accidentally" part -- my buddy has an 03 Buell lightning, and he wanted to race after we went through a few fairly aggressive curves in which I stayed right on his butt. After stopping and letting him chuckle at my "trying to ride that big-ass thing like a sportbike", I did my burnout, then proceeded to "whoop his ass" by about 50ft from about 10mph to about 125mph. I spent the rest of the afternoon chuckling to myself as when "the race" was done---he continued on home, not stopping or saying a word!:) A lovely day indeed!!
vman
I LOVE IT I LOVE IT
Not the burnout, the other part, a$$ whupping a Buell. I get the "big comfy couch" routine from my Harley friends all the time. Of course, they won't go head to head with the LT, They know better.

Rusty
Sarasota

1 - 4 of 4 Posts