BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new bike was ordered last october....scheduled production week 14 (next week....) for delivery week 16 !
Unfortunately I have been informed yesterday by BMW that there are possible delays to be expected in the delivery of all K1600 GT's and GTL's - at least here in Europe - at this stage the delay can be expected from 2 to 6 weeks.
This is due to the delay delivery of certain parts from Japan.This is of course understandable
All buyers will probably be personnaly informed by their dealers of this "force majeur" consequence .
Lets hope we will all understand that BMW is not responsible for this and lets have some kind thoughts for all the people suffering from this tragedy.

·
Registered
351 Posts
looks like i will be ordering next year , I will use my k12LT to take me to the Phantoms in aug .
regards numbnuts in blighty .
and number 4 member in the Rainbringers .

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you guys in northern countries are luckier than us. I signed in my order on the 12th october 2010 and I was registered as 7th delivery of the GTL. It was originally scheduled for around 26th march and then delayed until week 16 with production date week 14 (next week ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh). I will just have to wait.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi, dealers were informed here last night, maybe your side should be informed today. it came to a shock to the local dealers because sales are exploding and present sales at this moment were booked for deliveries end july august/early septembre. Delays may mean poeple will postpone their purchase for next year in order not to fall in winter.

·
Registered
311 Posts
There is an article on Fox News that goes into some of the details about how this is affecting the automotive industry. Ford and Chrysler are limiting sales of black vehicles because the pigment comes from a factory in Japan that was shut down. MAF sensors for many vehicles are all built by Hitachi and they are shut down. There are a myriad of small components that come from suppliers in Japan and its often things we don't even consider until we are asked to do without them.

Its going to be rough all over due to this tragedy. The effects are just starting to be felt. Its going to take a while to realize how bad it will be.

·
IBR# 366
16,553 Posts
In contrast, Apple has agreed to raise prices paid to its Japanese suppliers to help cover the costs of rebuilding and setting up alternate supply lines. This will help ensure a steady supply of components for its iPad and other devices. These increased costs will not be passed on to the consumer.

Other tablet makers who are unwilling or unable to cover these increased costs (due to razor-thin margins) will be at a serious disadvantage.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
cliffy109 said:
There is an article on Fox News that goes into some of the details about how this is affecting the automotive industry. Ford and Chrysler are limiting sales of black vehicles because the pigment comes from a factory in Japan that was shut down. MAF sensors for many vehicles are all built by Hitachi and they are shut down. There are a myriad of small components that come from suppliers in Japan and its often things we don't even consider until we are asked to do without them.

Its going to be rough all over due to this tragedy. The effects are just starting to be felt. Its going to take a while to realize how bad it will be.
Along those same lines I heard a news story last week that 70% of Toyotas sold here in the U.S. are produced in this country. Now here's the ironic part: they're built mostly of U.S. made components. :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, new here but i have read this forum for a long time. From Ghotenburg, Sweden and
must tell the hole world the good news. Got a call from my dealer today that my bike was
built 22/3 and will be delivered next week. Knock on wood!!. If that happens its all on
scedule. Hade a new LT-04 and i loved it, but the engine was too weak. Had 2 GS and
2 RT since. Nice bikes but not much comfort. So this one will be perfect. K 1600 GTL.
Torgeir

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here in Europe, our 2004 model is Your 2005 model. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
xtoseconomides said:
My new bike was ordered last october....scheduled production week 14 (next week....) for delivery week 16 !
Unfortunately I have been informed yesterday by BMW that there are possible delays to be expected in the delivery of all K1600 GT's and GTL's - at least here in Europe - at this stage the delay can be expected from 2 to 6 weeks.
This is due to the delay delivery of certain parts from Japan.This is of course understandable
All buyers will probably be personnaly informed by their dealers of this "force majeur" consequence .
Lets hope we will all understand that BMW is not responsible for this and lets have some kind thoughts for all the people suffering from this tragedy.

Was informed yesterday production of my bike postponed to week 18 instead of initially scheduled week 14 and delivery week 20 at the latest instead of riginally scheduled week 16. Ahhhhhhh its only 4 more weeks!!! My order was signed 12th october.....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Whoo Hooo!!! Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Congrats to the riders who have gotten thier bikes.
Here in the states we have no delays, we just have never been given a build or delivery day or even month.
You can not delay something unless you have a promissed time of arival.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Jari,
Is that SNOW I see in the background of one of your pics?

No snow here in Arizona, in fact, perfect riding weather, but no K1600's....that just doesn't seem fair. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts