BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the restaraunt that my oldest daughter is the manager of.
looks like it is going to be a slamming event!
:dance:

http://www.bbqex.com/

Celebrate our first anniversary with us on Wednesday, February 16
from noon-8 pm. It's going to be a Porkapalooza!!
Click here to see the menu

The Barbeque Exchange in downtown Gordonsville VA features hickory-smoked and slow-roasted pork shoulders and spareribs. The meats are dry cured with secret ingredient rubs and then cooked in our specialized wood-burning cooker. The Chicken Halves are grilled over live coals akin to the roadside BBQ’s that the Rotary, Kiwanis, and Fire departments have become famous for serving on Saturdays across the Eastern seaboard. These anchors are highlighted with freshly baked rolls, cornbread and pumpkin muffins. Homemade pickles, salads, and slaws are served with the sandwiches, and sides include Brunswick Stew, Donna’s Baked Beans, Hushpuppies, Macaroni and Cheese, and even Collard Greens! And don't overlook the desserts, we have homemade cupcakes, cookies, and brownies.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Oink....sorry, had to do it :D We go to Martinsville(Nascar) every year and i really look forward to Sugar Shack and all-u-can eat Pig on Sat. night.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Mark, I would LOVE to zip up there for the opening and to say howdy but I don't think I can talk Rhonda into letting me do it unless I promise to come home on the same day.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ibbones said:
Mark, I would LOVE to zip up there for the opening and to say howdy but I don't think I can talk Rhonda into letting me do it unless I promise to come home on the same day.
just make it a RTE and an Iron Butt ride all in one!

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
RonKMiller said:
Ummm, yum? :D
Party Pooper! :beer: This'll counteract all the sludge. ;)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Rave review.

I forwarded this post to my brother that lives in Hanover, Pa. They have suffered severe PMS this year due to weather in the northeast. (parked motorcycle syndrome)

Yesterday was their first real chance to escape for a nice ride....so they visited the BBQ Exchange. This is the email I got from him this morning:

All,

As you've probably seen from other e-mails, Apple Bob, Brian, and I ventured out in the threatening weather yesterday to check out the Barbeque Exchange in Gordonsville, Virginia. My brother Ron sent a BMW forum posting to us a little while back about it. The posting said something in there about it being "the place my daughter is about to open". Well, we got to meet her and her husband, who was out back doing the cooking, as you'll see in Bob's videos.

The food was great, place was clean and nice, the owners/staff were very friendly, and the ride was great. It's definitely a place that you'd all enjoy going to. It is about 150 miles from Hanover, so it's something that takes most of the day. Brian and I left in 45 degree fog and mist at 8am and got down there about 11:20. The weather dried out pretty nice as we crossed into Virginia on US 15, we even saw the sun pop in and out throughout the rest of the day, and the temps get up into the low 60s.

The 3 of us agreed on one thing...if Dave goes along with us, it's mandatory that he go online a day or two ahead of time to review the menu. This place had 6 different kinds of pickles and 3 different kinds of coleslaw, and then there's the choices for your main course. It's a challenge for anyone to decide what to get, especially the first time there. We're afraid Dave may just go into "Menu Overload" and we'll have to leave him there. (Just messing with you Dave!) We were all overwhelmed by the choices, for real.

Anyway, the real reason for me writing this is to share the pictures and video with you that Bob took. In the videos, he's talking with the owner as he's loading the cooker out in the back of the place. That's where we found Bob when we got there. Thanks again Bob, for sharing these with us.

Pictures/videos: http://s743.photobucket.com/albums/xx75/Hanover_Hogs/201103 Barbeque Exchange/

Restaurant website: http://www.bbqex.com/Home_Page.html

HW

P.S. I'll be waiting to hear from the rest of you Hogs when you're ready to take a ride down there. I would have sent something out this time, but the forecast all week was saying rain for Saturday, and this became one of those last minute "Aw heck, lets try it anyway" kinda things. Brian and I were watching the weather reports and talking about a Saturday ride all week. It was via e-mail Friday night that he said let me know what you want to do, I suggested this ride and included Bob, since it was in his direction. I literally didn't make my own mind up to try it until about 7 Saturday morning. I think it was the thought of another work week without a day-long ride that pushed me over the edge. I don't think either Brian or I could hold a drink cup without spilling it if we had to go another week. I'll make it now, but probably only until next weekend.

P.P.S. Ron, if you want to, feel free to post the top part of this and the picture link on the forum, or if you want, I'll do it. I don't know if that thread continued on to include rider's impressions of the place, but we liked it and would like to help them build their business. It's a great RTE destination.

This definitely looks like a great destination for anyone passing through that region.

Ron

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Ron,
Our daughter Jaclyn called us this morning and told us about your brother and friends riding down yesterday. It was cool that they arrived in time to see the smokers in operation.

Criag is the owner, and Donna is his wife (who also works there). Jaclyn is one of the managers, and a graduate chef from the CIA. They are doing an amazing amount of Barbeque, and are getting rave reviews. I really enjoyed the videos of Craig at the smoker, and loading pork butts in.

Craigs brother in law Jim made the smokers in his garage. He is a metal fabricator, and did a superb job on them.

I forwarded this string of posts over to Craig at the BBQ exchange.

-thanks again
-Mark

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
ibbones said:
MEEOOOOWWWWWWWWW! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts