BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took weekend ride on The Blue Ridge Parkway. From the Smoky Mts To Roanoke and found my y2k LT was idling rough and was black smoking and fuel economy went to the crapper. Ck'k hall of wisdom and trouble shooting on site and then called Dealer in Louisville KY and checked on 0/2 sensor and they said it would take then a week too 3 wks to get 1. $220.00 plus shipping. Ck'd more on site and found part nb for 0/2 sensor and seems was same as a Bosch car sensor. Ordered sensor from partsbin.com had sensor next day for $101.00. Installed new sensor, had to heat exhaust pipe to remove old sensor. Did TPS relearn after hooking battery backup. Test drove and fuel millage was 53 miles per gallon on mild ride. Just want to say thanks to the people on this site. And to tell others why its important to support this site.

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Good work on the O2 Sensor . . .

I might add that LT mileage is directly proportional to speed even with a properly working O2 sensor

50 - 55 MPH you can get 50 to 55 MPG or higher
70 - 80 MPH you can get 38 to 44 MPG

Mileage will vary depending upon throttle control, rinding with pillion, pulling a trailer, weight on bike
and elevation. . . .

Rode the other day coming home from CCR in the back roads of Wisconsin at 55 MPH and was
amazed at the mileage I got - do not believe I could keep the speed that low most of the time!! :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you mind my asking what that part number was off hand? Thinking that might just help out me out as well!

Thanks!

Trevor

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Swiftatc said:
Do you mind my asking what that part number was off hand? Thinking that might just help out me out as well!

Thanks!

Trevor
Try these:

CarQuest - Bosch O2 sensor part # 13475

O'Reilly, Advance, NAPA - part # 15733

Bosch - part # 0 258 003 475

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swiftatc said:

Thanks!

Trevor
Dan Martin is spot on with numbers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
DanMartin said:
Try these:

CarQuest - Bosch O2 sensor part # 13475

O'Reilly, Advance, NAPA - part # 15733

Bosch - part # 0 258 003 475
I am not questioning you knowledge Dan. The carquest number 13475 at napa with the same part number looks like a plug in unit and the 15733 looks like a universal fit. Is the plug on the 13475 the correct plug for the K12lt or do you need to cut and splice? The universal sensor is quite a bit less expensive For $46 I know I can wire up the universal one if it will perform as well. What is your opinion?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I would assume the Bosch 13475 from Car Quest would be the same as the one I got from partsbin. It plugged right in. Just Google Bosch13475 and you'll find it cheaper then I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts