BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have 2 R1200RT's a 2006 and late 2007. The 06 was fitted with an alarm working just fine and the 07 was not so got one from Ebay. Installed it and while powering up okay and working on the remote it would not interface with the ZFE and flash the indicators. When to the dealer today and they read the codes. Tech stated there was something wrong with the Ebay alarm as the ZFE could not recognise it. Then I recalled that I had tried it on the 06 and it worked fine. Again tested it tonight and both alarms work with the 06 [flashing indicators] but neither with the 07. I have checked on OEM parts and neither part number of the alarms is listed.

6575 7697 695 the one from the 06
6575 7688 504 from the 07

I have the print out sheet from the Tech which shows vehicle data staus and target data status vehicle order and thats about it.

There is another couple of sheets where they had to reflash the ZFE unit as the ESA was not working and thats now all fine.

Would anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
747 Posts
Can't help you with this but here's an alternate if you can't get it working and still want an alarm. There are ZFE variants, software variants, etc etc that might be contributing to complicating this matter and it may take a factory consult, if it is in fact possible to get the combo working. putting these variants together after a build has proven to be an issue for assorted things, not just the alarm. Similar issues pop up for shocks, for example.

The bike already has an ignition immobillizer through the EWS/RFID key. Folks who steal one and can bypass the EWS can just as easily get around the factory alarm.

An aftermarket alarm can also supply an additional electric cutoff like the factory one does and well made aftermarket alarms are cheap. Some come with pretty good notification ability through local paging, web tracking capability and then there is whatever your equivalent is of LoJack. Probably your biggest problem is the casual approach of your law enforcement groups to property theft. Here, Scorpio alarm stuff is pretty good, reasonably priced and easy to install, especially if you don't add their extra electrical cutoff and have a fuse panel under your rear seat. (You need switched and unswitched power so it needs to be something like a Centech AP-2 or and Eastern Beaver if wired to a fuse panel)

Don't forget the merits of strong attachments to immovable objects and assorted other deterrents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts