BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I did. Unfortunately I spoke to others about the issue and many are clueless about the whole ethanol thing. If you stop to think about it, how do you really know your getting 10% or 15% already at the pump? No one monitors this. A decal at the pump is just a requirement. I run REC 90. I go out of my way. I'll run 93 octane if I find myself without the option on ethanol free.

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
448 Posts
About half of my local stations have dumped 89 ethanol in favor of selling 87 ethanol, and 87 non-ethanol. About half the stations have the 91/92 in non-ethanol.

When given a choice between 89 ethanol, and 91 non-ethanol, I pick the non-ethanol. Our manuals claim the wethead RT can handle 10%. But I've run into issues with a push mower, my previous carb bikes that I've attributed to ethanol. Switched to non-eth, no more issues.

I've already signed that petition quite awhile ago.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get your point...Kinda' like how do we know the milk in the jug comes from cows, or is really 1%? Seriously, a lot of states require pump and blend certifications.

I agree many consumers, tax payers, and motorcyclists are clueless regarding the entire ethanol industry and the multi-billion dollar industry that would not exist without government subsidies.

Main point here is it damages motorcycle (and other small) engines and the plan is to mandate
it's use.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Already signed, but thanks for the reminder.
Passing it on to riders at work...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Donnit

·
Old Dawg
3,292 Posts
Of all things, I got an email today from Autoweek/Nascar supporting the E15 and asking to sign FOR it. That was pretty annoying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts