BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did join this forum today, so I am very new. Let introduce myself to all the members first.

I used to ride 500 and 600CC BMW in early 1962 oversea before I migrated to the US. in 1965, I bought a Triumph in 1967 road them for four years got married and sold it, I want to get a BMW a but not be able to do so, until late 2005 I bought a used 2001 K1200 LT custom have almost everthing come with the bike, later on I got disable have been in the wheelchair for a few years but I has kept my K1200 LT until now, I throught I beable to ride my BMW again, until this month I went to out my BMW found ot myleft leg unable to shift up or down any gear I have to use my heel to do so and I am not be able to hole my BMW strait either almost dropp it.

I have been look at LegUp Landingear and TowPac Trike kit, LegUp does not make one for the BMW but TowPac Trike kit do made one for the BMW/K1200LT. Before I invest $4,000.00 on the Trike kit I would like to get your oppinion and advise.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
It certainly would appear that $4K is a good price for the kit. If they have a proven kit for the LT.

Might they have a K1200 LT conversion reference for you to call? I would also ask them to provide you with a set of installation instructions so you can determine whether you are up to the task. Installation instructions would also allow you to get an estimate for someone else to do the conversion for you if it comes to that.

Best of luck to you in your quest for increased mobility! :bike:

Loren

·
Registered
607 Posts
The Voyager kit is an additional PAIR of wheels without removing the rear wheels.

This makes your LT a 4 wheeler.

I'm just saying...only because it seems like you were focused on a trike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone every have any experiences with the TRIKE KIT, including TowPac>http://www.tow-pacinc.com/ kit.

I am worry about high speed, handling and cornering. I am not expert on tese TRIKE, I missed to ride my bike a lot more than missed my girlfriend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts