BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all.

As a new owner of a K1200LT I have some questions and would appreciate any help.

Everything (as far as I can tell) works fine with the radio and the 6 disk changer. However, I cannot play a regular MP3 player through the bike speakers. I connect the wire from the MP3 to the EXT/HS socket but cannot get any sound.;

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If I'm not mistaken that is actually used for a radio output and can't be used for your MP3 player input you need the Aux port for that, and then switch to aux in the radio menu.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Doron,

if your 02' bike comes with a cassette player like my 00', all you need to do is buy one of those tape adapters for like $3 and plug your MP3 player to it.

Best of luck,

Eno

·
Registered
616 Posts
zuchero said:
Hi Doron,

if your 02' bike comes with a cassette player like my 00', all you need to do is buy one of those tape adapters for like $3 and plug your MP3 player to it.

Best of luck,

Eno
+1
I tried several different cables, finally gave up and went this route...worked great and is cheap...a winning combo.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
One thing to remember if you go this route. You may need to physically yurn the dummy cassette over if the sound quality isn't there. It does no good to switch the tape direction you must actually turn the cassette over. Once I did this the method works very well.

Loren

·
Registered
53 Posts
wa1200lt said:
One thing to remember if you go this route. You may need to physically yurn the dummy cassette over if the sound quality isn't there. It does no good to switch the tape direction you must actually turn the cassette over. Once I did this the method works very well.

Loren
I don't get this. I am using this method, but if I were to flip the cassette over, I would have to insert the end with the wire into the cassette player. I don't know that anything bad would happen, but it doesn't seem like a good idea. If the sound was funky from the tape heads being misaligned or "reversed", I would expect that changing the tape direction would be the correct move. What am I missing?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I don't know what either of us is missing but it happened to me. I was about to give up on the whole thing and bag it when I stuck the thing in the other direction and it played perfectly.

Loren

bgerrity said:
I don't get this. I am using this method, but if I were to flip the cassette over, I would have to insert the end with the wire into the cassette player. I don't know that anything bad would happen, but it doesn't seem like a good idea. If the sound was funky from the tape heads being misaligned or "reversed", I would expect that changing the tape direction would be the correct move. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
bgerrity said:
I think Loren was suggesting that you flip it like you would a cassette to change the direction of play, side to side, not front to back. And he was trying to say reversing the direction of the "player" would not help.

I think. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree with bgerrity, reversing direction of play on a cassette requires you to flip the cassette end-over-end, not side-to-side, since the cassette opening in the player is shaped to allow insertion in just one direction, usually (I think!) with the open face (where you can see the tape) oriented to the right. At least that's the way it works in my car. Not familiar with the configuration of the cassette player in the LT, mine is an '09 with the single CD player. Would prefer to have the cassette player so I could use this approach to playing MP3s. I use the cassette "dummy" all the time, plugged into my iPhone and the "Tune In Radio" application, it's almost like having satellite radio without the monthy service charge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts