BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,
I recently changed my right hand handlebar switch and think I messed up something with the throttle. It started to "hang up" a little bit. I took it apart yesterday and found that there is a very thin plastic tube that is on the handlebar that is a little messed up. I can not find this piece in any micro fiche anywhere. I've attached a photo of it, but it's not the best photo.
Bike is an '06 and has the new style throttle cables. I'm 99% certain that it also has the throttle cable holder kit as well.

Does anyone have any idea if this tube would come with a new grip?

Thanks,

GB

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,191 Posts
There is a "repair" kit that is available for people that are going to the new style cables. It looks like that is what has been damaged. It does not come with a new grip. But looking further it appears to be remnants of the old cable housing and is not needed at least I see nothing like it in this series of pictures. Here are some shots of replacing the cables with the repair kit.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, John. I have the new style cables and the plastic kit parts, so I just pulled that extra piece of plastic off and everything seems fine now.

GB

Reactions: djmellor
1 - 3 of 3 Posts