BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to find some women's overpants. Hard to fit, since she's tall and thin. We've tried:

Cycle Gear
Scottsdale BMW
Victory

Any other ideas for places with in-stock merchandise?

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,169 Posts
I would recommend looking for a dealer that carries Olympia. Kathy is 5'9" and always had a hard time finding riding gear that allows for a woman shape with a narrow waist and a bust. Everything "woman" seems to be a smaller man size with the exception of Olympia.
Some BMW dealers carry Olympia but I am sure there are others out there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ride Now in Chandler has a pretty good selection of gear

3333 North Arizona Avenue
Chandler, AZ 85224
(480) 503-3333

Got pants for my wife and she is 5 foot and 100lbs.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My wife is also tall and stuff was hard to find for her and in stock. Last summer she did pick-up a pair of Olympia Airglide pants at Go-AZ in Scottsdale. For mostly year round gear she had got the BMW Comfort shell, but had to order it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Ride Now store in Chandler must have decreased their stock, it was a tiny selection. I think they had nothing in women's sizes. We were in and out of there in 90 seconds.

She had tried Olympia at Go AZ, but nothing fit correctly. I don't recall if it was an issue with the shape, or the fact that few places have anything in a size 4 long.

·
Registered
635 Posts
calvarez said:
The Ride Now store in Chandler must have decreased their stock, it was a tiny selection. I think they had nothing in women's sizes. We were in and out of there in 90 seconds.

She had tried Olympia at Go AZ, but nothing fit correctly. I don't recall if it was an issue with the shape, or the fact that few places have anything in a size 4 long.
I believe that with the economy in such bad shape and the motorcycle industry suffering, dealers are not stocking as much merchandise, particularly suits. Your best best is to order gear, cuz it is out there, just not in the stores.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, when the chips are down, it's a great idea to have less ways for stores to take my money...

Anyway, online ordering is out, since we already tried a dozen or more things that didn't fit. AZ Superbike had a great selection of women's stuff in small sizes, including a Speed and Strength suit in a 4 long that fit great. So we're covered. Or, she's covered. I recommend checking that place out, they had an awesome selection of gear, and great/friendly help.

Now we're looking for a heated top that will fit her. I'd love to get the Tour Master with integrated controller, but seems nobody stocks that. And we want it for a ride this weekend. Victory has one women's small but I'm not sure how that will fit. Now we have to work around the 36" chest and 25" waist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts